Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2021, 05:33 PM

Default New to the forum - hello!

Also new to the CMP. Just discovered last year after a private gun sale at a guy’s house. I was picking up a .44 magum he had and he invited me into his “shop,” a big shed out back. He had hundreds of firearms lining the walls and covering tables and I asked him how he got so many and he introduced me to the CMP. I just made my first visit to the Talladega store this past weekend in search of a Garand, not getting my hopes up. My suspicion was correct: none available right now. But I did come away with a 1903A3 Smith Corona Springfield. Can’t wait to go back.

Only other military firearms I have are a 1945 Remington Rand 1911 and a 1903 from 1933. Hope to add more to my collection once the online orders are caught up.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!!
Old 05-15-2021, 06:21 AM

Welcome, Don't be discouraged about not getting a M1 yet. There will be plenty of very good rifles coming into circulation. Regards Eddie
Old 05-15-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm729 View Post
Welcome, Don't be discouraged about not getting a M1 yet. There will be plenty of very good rifles coming into circulation. Regards Eddie
That’s right. They told me there’s no shortage of M1s and aren’t “sold out” like the website says. They’re just trying to catch up with orders then more will trickle in, thankfully.