Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2021, 05:01 AM
Squirrelly Squirrelly is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Corning Ny
Posts: 6
Default A shout from the Finger Lakes region of NY

I'm one of the bunch that awaits a RM1SpecialRack. I'm hanging tough. Thank goodness the CMP is in existence. I'm A history buff and I consider having this weapon as a duty.
I have others but this will be a top dog for me. Hello to you all.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2021, 06:24 AM
epm729 epm729 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highland, New York
Posts: 2,673
Default

Squirrelly, Welcome from the Mid Hudson Valley. Good luck with your RM1 Spec. Rack,hope its a nice one. I'm a life long New Yorker, love the State, not happy with the government though. regards, Eddie
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-06-2021, 12:15 PM
Jpolham1 Jpolham1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 48
Default

Cortland, NY here. I went to the store in January and picked up a full CMP special. Glad I did.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Squirrelly Squirrelly is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Corning Ny
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpolham1 View Post
Cortland, NY here. I went to the store in January and picked up a full CMP special. Glad I did.
Corning here.
I should have done the same. Kicking myself now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2021, 07:43 PM
bpm32 bpm32 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South MD
Posts: 470
Default

Sounds like you Finger Lakes guys need an Ithaca 1911.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2021, 05:17 AM
Squirrelly Squirrelly is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Corning Ny
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpm32 View Post
Sounds like you Finger Lakes guys need an Ithaca 1911.
Ithaca is only 50 miles away from me but an Ithaca 1911 unfortunately is in another galaxy!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2021, 06:03 AM
Quarterbore Quarterbore is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
Ithaca is only 50 miles away from me but an Ithaca 1911 unfortunately is in another galaxy!
Watch the 1911 sales. Lots of Ithaca 1911s coming out and odds are great that there will be a round 3 or more.

My brother and I are in the process of buying a small wooded lot south of Watkins Glen. We are originally from the area so trying to get a place to camp/hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2021, 08:07 AM
bengoly1 bengoly1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 49
Default

Don't forget central New York State Remington Rand 1911A1's were made in Syracuse, NY just above the Finger Lakes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Squirrelly Squirrelly is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Corning Ny
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
Watch the 1911 sales. Lots of Ithaca 1911s coming out and odds are great that there will be a round 3 or more.

My brother and I are in the process of buying a small wooded lot south of Watkins Glen. We are originally from the area so trying to get a place to camp/hunt.
I know the area well. Beautiful valley running down through Montour Falls.Some prime hunting.

Last edited by Squirrelly; 05-07-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-07-2021, 04:40 PM
bpm32 bpm32 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South MD
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengoly1 View Post
Don't forget central New York State Remington Rand 1911A1's were made in Syracuse, NY just above the Finger Lakes.
Unfortunately the building near downtown Syracuse where they made 1911s is long gone, but at least up until recently there were still some ruins up on Gun Hill in Ithaca. I imagine even the smokestack is gone now that all that Super Fund stuff is cleaned up. When I lived out that way the students used to wander around the abandoned factory.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.