Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 PM

Default Mann Beater

Finally got it put together and test fired it, shoots better than me, ragged hole at 50 yds sighting in scope with lc 7.62 ball and a few rounds of west german ball from the 200 round battle packs. Going to try longer distance and handloads when I get a chance. Got a mann from CMP and an allready D&T 03a3 action on gunbroker. Put the mann barrel on the D&T 03a3 action and a new 03a3 barrel on the mann 03a3 receiver so I can always put it back as original. Used a beat up 03 sporterized allready stock just to try it out and may put it in a nicer one down the road. Put a cheap BSA 6X20 on it for testing and it seems to work fine. Going to put the Mann 03a3 receiver rifle with the new barrel in a new 03a3 C keystone stock and finish it off with all original USGI parts I had squirreled away, Its gonna look pretty and hopefully it shoots good too. It is fun stuff, I know, pictures!!!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...m/IMG_0320.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...m/IMG_0319.jpg
Old 08-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Gee, that's some squirrel gun you got there! You might need a set of wheels on the front end to move it around, but I like it!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 AM

you may already know this, but don't rest the bbl. on your front support. Accuracy will most likely be better if the bbl. is not touching anything during firing--yes, even with that hvy. barrel!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Great. Now I want to do that too. Doesn't help that I have a recovered Remington 03a3 with a drilled and tapped receiver. What are my chances of getting a Remington receiver on a Mann?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:06 PM

I asked for a smith corona receiver on the mann I ordered and got a Remington. This has been a fun project and I still have to fit a better stock to the mann barreled rifle. Another person on the forum who built one of these into a shootable rifle used a stock from Richards microfit gunstocks, they look nice, You could use a sporterized 03a3 stock and do your barrel inletting yourself, you would have to hogg out a lot of wood for the barrel though. Good luck with your project should you do it.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Did you have the feed ramp/cone milled into the barrel or leave it "stock". I'd be inclined to have the feed ramp milled cut into it.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM

I left the barrel as I received it, single load works fine and it fed ok with 1 extra in the magazine but I did not try any more.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Default Mann Rifle

I guess it's pot luck when you order a Mann device I thought they were all Smith Corona receivers, however, I have a Remington barrel on mine. They're sure fun to shoot either way!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbottom View Post
Finally got it put together and test fired it, shoots better than me, ragged hole at 50 yds sighting in scope with lc 7.62 ball and a few rounds of west german ball from the 200 round battle packs. Going to try longer distance and handloads when I get a chance. Got a mann from CMP and an allready D&T 03a3 action on gunbroker. Put the mann barrel on the D&T 03a3 action and a new 03a3 barrel on the mann 03a3 receiver so I can always put it back as original. Used a beat up 03 sporterized allready stock just to try it out and may put it in a nicer one down the road. Put a cheap BSA 6X20 on it for testing and it seems to work fine. Going to put the Mann 03a3 receiver rifle with the new barrel in a new 03a3 C keystone stock and finish it off with all original USGI parts I had squirreled away, Its gonna look pretty and hopefully it shoots good too. It is fun stuff, I know, pictures!!!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...m/IMG_0320.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...m/IMG_0319.jpg
Looks like you were schooled in picture posting on the old CMP forum.
(That's supposed to bring a grin to your face as this forum is miles better.)
Here is what they look on this "new" forum. (You don't have to go to the link to see them.)
'
'
I can't determine from the photos exactly how you handled mounting that scope but it is a great looking specimen in any case..
More details, some targets and load data, PLEASE !

Last edited by VMFn542bob; 07-01-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Banned

Default Which Mann Device Manufacturer is better?

Is a Remington Reciever on a Mann Device Better than a Smith Corona,or is there one better than another Barrel wise from a manufacturer and if so How come,I bought a Remington I picked out at the South Store and its in execllent shape,like new,but im still learning about them obviously..Any help would be awesome.