Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2021, 12:23 PM

I'll be at the National Matches for 5 days, and I'm staying in the barrack's.

I'm healthy, and because the CDC says Covid-19 is 99.5% survivable for my age group, I have chosen to not get the vaccination. That's a personal health decision for all us adults, and I respect your choice.

I take extra Vitamin C,D, and Zinc daily to help. That is not medical advice.

I am not worried about getting Covid-19 at the National Matches.

See you there.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.

Last edited by rubicon762; 06-18-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon762 View Post
I'll be at the National Matches for 5 days, and I'm staying in the barrack's.

I'm healthy, and because the CDC says Covid-19 is 99.5% survivable for my age group, I have chosen to not get the vaccination. That's a personal health decision for all us adults, and I respect your choice.

I take extra Vitamin C,D, and Zinc daily to help. That is not medical advice.

I am not worried about getting Covid-19 at the National Matches.

See you there.
As an unvaccinated individual, will you be following CDC and State of Ohio guidelines and wearing a mask while in-doors in shared housing in the barracks, or are you imposing your personal health choice on other people?
Old 06-19-2021, 10:00 PM

Unfortunately, I am still unvaccinated. As such, I am more likely to spread the virus than vaccinated individuals, so I will in fact be wearing my face diaper at all times. It is an embarrassing inconvenience, but if it keeps the vaccinated individuals safe, so be it.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:36 PM

You do not have to be showing symptoms, being outright "ill" in order to be contagious to others. A max is not as much for your own health, but to prevent you from spreading it if you are not immunized.

<-- Had COVID, and it's no party.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:18 PM

Default COVID Testing

I'm not going to try and convince anyone to get vaccinated who isn't willing to do so. I will however point out just how easy it is to get tested prior to attending the National Matches. You may not be concerned about a case of COVID for you personally, But you should be concerned about being a good person, and not risking showing up with an infection, and giving COVID to other attendees who may not be as able to shake it off.

Fortunately, COVID testing is free, and incredibly easy to arrange. We put chamber empty indicators in our rifles and have a bunch of other procedures to keep other shooters safe. We should have the same attitude when it comes to other health and safety matters.

Over the past year I got tested 3 times prior to going to family or other group gatherings. Each time it was free and easy. Your locale may vary, but this is what I did:

- create an account on cvs.com, and upload a photo of my insurance card
- Find a local CVS that has a minute clinic
- Signed up online for an appointment for a COVID test. If you claim that you have even 1 symptom of COVID, such as a cough or headache, insurance will cover the test with no co-pay.
- Show up, go to the drive through, swab the inside of each nostril for 10 seconds, drop the swab into a test tube, put it in the envelope, and drop it in the slot. Don't have to poke the back of your brain or anything. Just an inch or so up.
- within 3 days, you'll get the results in email.

Over the past 18 months, roughly 10% of Americans have been diagnosed with COVID, and roughly 0.18% of Americans have died from COVID (about 1 in 550 if you prefer fractions)

You have the freedom to choose which precautions you take. But if you don't take any precautions, I'm not impressed.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:54 PM

Its not about being reckless. Nor freedom, and certainly not about stats or impressing anyone. It's about slowing the insanity. Hold your mask up to the light and tell me what you see.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5x68 View Post
Its not about being reckless. Nor freedom, and certainly not about stats or impressing anyone. It's about slowing the insanity. Hold your mask up to the light and tell me what you see.
I see the thing that filters out breath droplets and keeps medical professionals healthy even when working directly with COVID patients. Is that a trick question?
Old 06-22-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOhio View Post
I see the thing that filters out breath droplets and keeps medical professionals healthy even when working directly with COVID patients. Is that a trick question?
Not if your wearing a N95 on the firing line
Old 06-22-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5x68 View Post
Not if your wearing a N95 on the firing line
Outdoors, and with reasonable distance to other people like on the firing line or walking around. No need for masks. Vaccinated, no need for masks.

Sleeping in a large communal space like the barracks when unvaccinated?

If you decline vaccination, you should get tested prior to going to Camp Perry (testing is free and readily available) and when indoors, you should be masked.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:13 PM

"Is that a trick question?[/QUOTE]" Well: I went to one room county schools and finished with a doctorate from a large university and I can't figure out some of these comments either. I just hope CMP puts all the non vaccinated individuals together, so they can "share the experience." Good Shooting. .....