Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM

I think CMP should auction any genuine U.S.G.I. items to generate revenue. Heck, I'm sorry I missed the auction for toothbrushes.

I imagine the only thing I wouldn't bid on would be C-ration Lima beans and ham.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04-Bravo View Post
I think CMP should auction any genuine U.S.G.I. items to generate revenue. Heck, I'm sorry I missed the auction for toothbrushes.

I imagine the only thing I wouldn't bid on would be C-ration Lima beans and ham.
What was wrong with Lima beans and ham?! My favorite was the green eggs and ham.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook_Man View Post
Oh my....

Was always a joke about when the air force built a new base. They built the barracks, gym and chow hall first, then complained that they didn't have any more money to build anything else. So they always had the best things as compared to the other branches.
I was Air Force but spent three years at Fort Rucker, and my next door neighbor was a Cobra pilot with Viet Nam experience. When the Army needed a new landing area there the entire unit would go build it, then they'd do the latrines, barracks, chow halls etc. He said the Air Force didn't show up until the Officer's Club was built, and he was right!
Google advanced search: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
In "site or domain" put: forums.thecmp.org
-
Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM

People will buy anything. Never heard of buying used Greek Tooth Brushes Though!!!! Kind of reminds me of the time , my Dad and I bought a old K Ration from WWII that was never opened with a lot of worm holes in it for 50 cents at a yard sale. Five minutes later some guy come over and was all excited about me getting that K-Ration for 50 cents and offered me $5.00 for it , in front of the guy that just sold it to me.The guy that sold it to me , give me the dirty looks and I said"Oh well he needed more than I did!! " My dad and I got back in our truck and as we pulled out , we laughed about how we made a quick $4.50!!!!!