X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4RG.I.'S
    • Jun 2010

Is this a modified Mann?

i found this on an online (Proxibid) auction with an "oarlock sniper" 1903A3. Sure looks like a Mann that someone did some work to. Here's the link:
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...395&rfpb=0#Top
  • ZvenoMan
    • May 2011

Looks like a Mann to me.
    Love the explanation about the oarlock mounting; entertaining! Who dreams up this stuf....
    JH
    Zvenoman

Comment

• USMC 0331
      • Jul 2014

I started a thread on here a few months back when they originally tried to auction this item. CMP deleted my post for whatever reason. Oh well. Here's the email the auction company sent me when I asked for more information:

"Thank you for your interest in our upcoming September Premiere Firearms Auction. Our describers reviewed your question on the piece having a “Mann Accuracy Device” and noted that it has features which resemble the "mann device" but significant deviations as well. It does not have any additional provenance. The piece is sold as listed, with no guarantee aside from the bold headline. Additional research is encouraged by each potential bidder and we appreciate any feedback and any information you find on the piece.

If I can be of any additional assistance at this time please let me know."

Lol, what a response! My favorite part is the "no guarantee aside from the bold headline." Amazing how a sanitary rail would be marked with "WARNING NOTICE/INTELLIGENCE SOURCES/OR METHODS INVOLVED" and "U.S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY/U.S. ARMY/TRAINING DEVICE AGENCY." Real covert operators there!

That's just the beginning of the problems with this thing. RIA was informed of many issues with this item and yet they continue to push it. It didn't sell in their last auction, buyer beware!!!

It's just a Mann Accuracy Device with no real and/or substantial provenance (are you really going to trust the whole "According to a statement made by the consignor"?) with an estimate that is 10x more than it's actually worth!
      Last edited by USMC 0331; 12-02-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• wesvb
        • Aug 2010

That auction is fraudulent.
        Walker was the spy and not the barrel maker? Give me a break.

Comment

• Hacker
          • Oct 2009

Well, so long as we have some immunization records as proof of provenance...
          OIF veteran 2003
          OEF veteran 2007/2011

Comment

• ZvenoMan
            • May 2011

What about the auction is fraudulent?
            Stupid maybe, but fraudulent?
            JH
            Zvenoman

Comment

• wesvb
              • Aug 2010

Is the description correct?
              Is he assigning provenance where none exists?
              Fraud. Plain and simple.
              In addition the fact that he has been told makes it even more so.

Comment

• 4RG.I.'S
                • Jun 2010

Well, somebody bought the rifle, maybe they bought the story as well... Somewhere around 2K.

Comment

• Cowboysnavy
                  • Oct 2012

If you look at the drawing number it is the same as the drawing I posted on here and it's the same as on all 7.62 mann accuracy devices
                  And the Walker/Waller that's hilarious

Comment

Working...
                  X