Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2022, 05:33 PM

Had another PM offering me a carbine a couple of days ago. The forum member asked me for my e-mail address to send pictures and asked how much I was willing to pay for his 400k mixmaster. I sent him my e-mail and said how much I was willing to pay depended on the condition of the carbine and mix of parts. Nothing from him since.

GuapoPogi
Old 09-17-2022, 01:34 PM

Search on hold for the moment because I bought a “1944 Inland” off GB. No SN provided before purchase and SN given to me after purchase is actually is an early 1943 QHMC SN. Either way, my carbine slush fund has been depleted. If it really is a QHMC, I’ll just resell it or trade it as right now, my collection has room only for Inlands and my sole CMP carbine which is a 2016 North Store WRA.

GuapoPogi
Old 09-18-2022, 05:32 PM

I messaged the seller about that carbine and told him the serial number identified it as a QH, but I guess he either didn't care or didn't believe me because he never changed anything about the description.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:24 PM

I might be getting robbed here. The seller claimed my C&R was no good for functioning rifles and wanted a dealer’s FFL. I replied to him with a link to the ATF’s website with the explanation of what a curio and relic is. He got back to me with a “ I learned something new” message and said he would “box it up”. That was Friday.

On Monday GB still said he had not received my FFL. The FFL of course was in the same envelope as the payment and he had already acknowledged receiving it to me when he initially refused to honor it. I messaged him again, he replied it was shipped. He updated GB to reflect he had the FFL and that the rifle was shipped. A little while later he messaged me with a tracking number which showed the Post Office being in receipt of a package.

Today I checked on the package with the USPS app and was surprised to see the Post Office claiming the package as being at the destination facility Portland, Oregon. I live near Chicago, Illinois so this is not good.

Another message to the seller and his reply was, “it had the right address on it”. He gave no indication that he had sent another package to Oregon and just mixed the tracking numbers.

I messaged him again a couple of hours ago asking if maybe he accidentally gave me the wrong tracking number but have not yet received a reply.

It is supposed to be delivered Friday, so we shall soon see.

GuapoPogi

Last edited by GuapoPogi; 09-23-2022 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:20 PM

Any luck getting your carbine?

The tracking number thing is concerning. I was scammed earlier this year with the seller providing ehat the Postmaster said was a stolen tracking number.

It's happening a lot on Amazon now with scam sellers providing a stolen tracking number as proof they fulfilled the order.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:23 PM

I am cautiously optimistic here. The seller says the shipping place screwed up and put the wrong label on the box over my name and address. The seller said he was able to get contact info for the guy in Oregon and that guy would send it back to the him. Now the tracking number shows

Your item was refused by the addressee at 4:34 pm on September 22, 2022 in WESTON, OR 97886 and is being returned to the sender.

Very unusual situation but for the moment it seems plausible.

With any luck I will actually have it in my hands at the end of next week.

GuapoPogi
Old 09-23-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I am cautiously optimistic here. The seller says the shipping place screwed up and put the wrong label on the box over my name and address. The seller said he was able to get contact info for the guy in Oregon and that guy would send it back to the him. Now the tracking number shows

Your item was refused by the addressee at 4:34 pm on September 22, 2022 in WESTON, OR 97886 and is being returned to the sender.

GuapoPogi

It made to 49 miles from my house
Face it this one is destined to come back to Oregon
🤣
33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
My Favorite carbine :
http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html
Old 09-23-2022, 09:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

Be very glad it was refused by the addressee.

Quote:

GuapoPogi

Last edited by Mike in NC; 09-24-2022 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling fix
Old 10-01-2022, 12:12 AM

So the carbine made it back to the seller in Sarasota on Tuesday morning. He shipped off to me again about 2 hours later. It took 12 hours to get to Tampa where it sat for the next 48 hours. It was delivered to me around 11:45 this morning.

My new Inland from 1944 turned out to be an early QHMC 1,555,0?? (Forgot last 2 digits) from 1943 with an Inland 10-44 barrel.

Since I only have room in my safe and collection for Inlands the QHMC will most likely hit the table at the next local gun show.

It came with a C-tip sling and BK oiler, 2 USGI U mags, 1 IS mag, 1 SS mag and a commercial 30 round mag.

Type 4 S slide
Type 3 A.I. bolt
Type 2 NI firing pin
Type 3 W.i. Extractor
Type 2 SI U front sight
Type 3 IRCo rear sight
Type 3 B/R hammer
Type 1 unmarked sear
Type 2 RHI trigger
Type 3 unmarked recoil plate
Type 4 M safety
Type 4 wa M mag catch
Type 5 stock marking obliterated
Metal hand guard

GuapoPogi
Old 10-01-2022, 03:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

If that serial number is right, it is too bad it doesn't have the original barrel. Looks like that serial number would place it in the first 5,100 Quality Hardware carbines.

Quote:
So the carbine made it back to the seller in Sarasota on Tuesday morning. He shipped off to me again about 2 hours later. It took 12 hours to get to Tampa where it sat for the next 48 hours. It was delivered to me around 11:45 this morning.

My new Inland from 1944 turned out to be an early QHMC 1,555,0?? (Forgot last 2 digits) from 1943 with an Inland 10-44 barrel.

Since I only have room in my safe and collection for Inlands the QHMC will most likely hit the table at the next local gun show.

It came with a C-tip sling and BK oiler, 2 USGI U mags, 1 IS mag, 1 SS mag and a commercial 30 round mag.

Type 4 S slide
Type 3 A.I. bolt
Type 2 NI firing pin
Type 3 W.i. Extractor
Type 2 SI U front sight
Type 3 IRCo rear sight
Type 3 B/R hammer
Type 1 unmarked sear
Type 2 RHI trigger
Type 3 unmarked recoil plate
Type 4 M safety
Type 4 wa M mag catch