Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2021, 09:59 AM

Default National Postal Meter questions

I have a shot at what looks like an unmessed with National Postal Meter carbine with marlin barrel. Unmessed with meaning no overhauls, original high wood stock, push safety, flip site, and 1st type front band. From what I can see it looks like it left the factory floor minus the wear of combat. What is a value range for these NPM carbines? I dont want to overspend. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:34 AM

A specimen such as that would be pretty valuable, no rebuilds and "new" features, no import stamp, unmolested carbine could fetch North of $2500 possibly more. You would be very well off to post some pictures if you can and have several of our experts examine the detailed pics.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
A specimen such as that would be pretty valuable, no rebuilds and "new" features, no import stamp, unmolested carbine could fetch North of $2500 possibly more. You would be very well off to post some pictures if you can and have several of our experts examine the detailed pics.
Thank you for your reply! I have pictures from the seller, but Im not sure how to post them on here.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:53 AM

Here are some pics from the OP

Old 10-20-2021, 12:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

Looks good from those pictures. I think Det. Jason 714 has a pretty good estimate on current value. Not sure how much above $2,500 I would go, but at least that amount. Depending on the things you can't see from those pictures, maybe between $2,500 and $2,800.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:36 PM

If it were on gunbroker currently I’d imagine $2500 is realistic. Although I’ve seen some similar looking carbines not break $2k. Lately it seems selling prices are slowing down. I’m still convinced the real high prices we’ve seen in the last couple years won’t last forever. As a buyer, if you can get it for under $2k I’d say you are doing pretty well.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:50 PM

Looks like a pretty good size crack in that stock running under the high wood area, assuming it is glued?
Old 10-20-2021, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

The problem with many of the carbines on Gunbroker is that the majority of them are put together. Not the ultimate sin, I have done it, but that is a major factor in collector value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbinekid View Post
If it were on gunbroker currently Id imagine $2500 is realistic. Although Ive seen some similar looking carbines not break $2k. Lately it seems selling prices are slowing down. Im still convinced the real high prices weve seen in the last couple years wont last forever. As a buyer, if you can get it for under $2k Id say you are doing pretty well.