Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwitte View Post
Nothing completely sold out until about 3 minutes after 8. They all showed available for these 3 minutes while people put one in the cart and checked out as quick as possible.
To be honest I was stuck at 41,000' and landed after the dust settled. My wonderful wife was doing her best. She never saw any Rock Ola available at all and was on it the nano-second it opened.

Anyway, she got a G-VG Winnie (her nickname coincidentally). It arrived Thursday afternoon. Quality is similar to what I would expect from the CMP for the grade. Bright bore, sharp rifling. Some finis missing from the barrel but nothing too severe. Have yet to disassemble/clean. Beautiful NPM stock with some figure to it that will look really nice when it gets a little attention.

We already have 12 from the CMP. A Winnie and a Rock Ola were the only missing pieces. Now I just need a Rock Ola. Can't believe we have 2 S'G' from the CMP for less than $600@. Good ol days indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterMeasure View Post
I used the wishlist trick and got the Rock-Ola Fine offering at 2299 right at 8am. Uploaded my 03 license and just got the email that my license is approved. Now waiting for shipment.
You are a genius! BRAVO! We will need a full writeup with many many pics or it never happened.

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post
Well, my carbine was delivered to FFL today. I was excited until FFL called and asked if I knew the stock was all busted up when I bought it. I said no, it's supposed to be G-VG. They were like, you better come look and call.

Midway said don't accept it and send pictures. Oh boy indeed!
If its a Rock-Ola lets make a deal!!
Old Yesterday, 04:19 AM

I was able during the MW frenzy to pick up a Inland grade Vg-F. It came in today and I'm working my way through it. This is my first so it's taking some time but so far;

Inland serial 98xxx, Inland barrel 12-42. The trigger housing (type 1) is Winchester as is the flat bolt (type) 2, The gas block, slide and front sight are all Inland or sub contractor of theirs. The hammer is Inland. I'm not sure on the mag release, it's smooth and appears to be a type 2. The safety is the rotary and is Inland.

The stock is in decent shape, has the O in the cut out, There is a red painted 64 on the bottom of the pistol grip and an odd triple struck 0 and a 4 on the front of the grip. Other than some character dings here and there it's in good condition.

The muzzle wear looks like a 1, not sure about the throat. I honestly don't see much if any wear on any of the parts you'd expect to see it on.

I'll work on cleaning up the cosmoline tomorrow, past experience says it will be fine.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM

For those of us who didnt buy anything......

THIS THREAD NEEDS A LOT MORE PICTURES
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFuelBurner View Post

If its a Rock-Ola lets make a deal!!
Sorry, it's a Standard Products
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
For those of us who didnt buy anything......

THIS THREAD NEEDS A LOT MORE PICTURES
What he said!
Also do not forget to fill out a datasheet! This is great to for your records. It would also be greatly appreciated if you submitted the datasheet as it will help ongoing research
http://uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uplo...v4__1-1-11.pdf

For those not familiar with the datasheet or need help filling it out please take a look here where there are links to how to fill out a DS as well as videos on striping down and assembling your carbine

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/...s_topic26.html
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Ah well....

Sorry you had such rotten luck. What a bummer.
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM

Default Winchester G-VG

So far it appears to be all Winchester. Checking all components to the Craig Riesch book: U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production.

Winchester Type 1C receiver, barrel, bolt.

No rust. Just a little dirty but nothing major so far.

Need to find a good photo hosting site.
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

A Standard Products carbine may not have the sex appeal of a Rock-Ola, but they are almost as rare. Only a few more Standard Products carbines were manufactured than Rock-Ola carbines.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Got mine today, fair-good winchester and good-very good standard products. The winchester has a later safety, and a replacement low wood stock which the standard product has a push safety, high wood winchester stock and possibly handguard. Downside is the higher grade standard stock has mold. Winchester undated and 2-44 dated underwood barrel respectively. Too much cosmoline to tell about the bores.

Winchester is missing the sling swivel and screw, already ordered a replacement. Finish is better than expected on it, and about as expected on the standard. Standard will need a lot of cleaning and the less nice of the two. Overall, happy with what I got - as expected for the standard, better than expected for the winchester.

Images here: https://imgur.com/a/KQjWGY3
starts on the winchester. Then shows the standard products later. Winchester is 1.1 mil, standard is 2mil serial #.

Favor for those in the know: what sort of sling swivel is this? Haven't seen one like it:
https://i.imgur.com/iliHZqi.jpg
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

seeing some ok buys and some very bad.

nothing impressive or a great carbine for the huge amount of bucks.

did not see one review of actual ME on the $2000+ carbine ones.

most buyers very novice.