X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fastscirocco
    • Feb 2022

Originally posted by Wakko View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Here's the last rendition that I had saved, but it ends at 30,000.

https://imgur.com/a/uNTklsy

I printed off a version that went to 35,000 I can scan and provide to someone to share if it would be helpful.

Comment

• Wakko
      • Jun 2010

(attempting to steer this thread back on track)

So who was the last known RGN called? Both of my parents should be any day now, I'm thinking, at 29828/9.
      I don't get notifications and have no idea how to fix it..!

Comment

• Brian
        • Oct 2009

Friend of mine was contacted yesterday. 29670something.

Comment

• CadillacMike
          • Oct 2009

I was contacted on Tuesday, 1 Mar, RGN 29634

I chose Field and BAM! 90 day wait?

Going out Luger hunting in the morning., yeah, it's Expensive, but...
          - Registered CMP customer since 2004
          - LTC USA (Ret)
          - iTrader 50+ positive feedbacks at 100% before its curtailment
          - Post your new or old buyer / seller comments here:
          http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567

Comment

• 1911operator
            • Jan 2022

Got my call Monday the 28th. RGN: 29659, shipped on the 1st, at my FFL on the 2nd. Service Grade.

I am more than pleased with the service and attention to detail of the CMP personal. It’s a testament to CMP’s management and commitment to both the 1911 and rifle programs. Job well done!

Comment

• JoeBud
              • Dec 2021

This is from info posted starting 1/1/2022. Last updated 4/6/2022

Last edited by JoeBud; 04-06-2022, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• CadillacMike
                • Oct 2009

They must have run out of graded service grades on Monday. I got called on Tuesday and only field and rack.

My number was 25 lower than operator's but he got called a day before me?!?
                Last edited by CadillacMike; 03-05-2022, 09:12 PM.
                - LTC USA (Ret)

Comment

• 1911operator
                  • Jan 2022

I was told they were scarce when I got to make my pick on Monday. I haven’t torn my pistol down yet. It dates to 1944 with Colt frame and slide. The barrel is a replacement, most probably a Colt contract from a quick search. Externally, it addition to regular markings, I can only see the GHD inspectors stamp in the usual spot on the left side behind the trigger.

It’s been re-finished , but I don’t believe issued after refurbishment. Hope to shoot it Sunday, clean it and put it away.

Comment

• Wakko
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by CadillacMike View Post
                    They must have run out of graded service grades on Monday. I got called on Tuesday and only field and rack.
                    You only wanted service? I told my folks to get rack and field.
                    I don't get notifications and have no idea how to fix it..!

Comment

• Joker67
                      • Jan 2022

This was posted in another thread by CMP1911Admin on February 8, 2022.

"1. As stated by the sales person it COULD take up to 90 days for the order to be processed and the charge hits your CC. We have a backlog of orders for Field Grades at this time and are trying to fill those orders as fast as we can.

2. For a while we had enough pistols to ship within 1-2 days after being contacted, but with the Holidays, COVID and family emergences, we have almost deleted the surplus we had. We are working to replenish the grades as fast as we can.

3. We have had a few Service Grades recently and NO we have not gotten a shipment of Service Grades. A few of the current pistols being worked were able to be graded as Service Grade.

4. For some reason when conducting NICS checks, it seems in the last 1,200 or so RGNs, we have had a large number of customers placed in a DELAY status or go to an OPEN status. When this happens, we are required to wait at least 30 days before doing another NICS check. This is why 75% of the time it may appear that you have been skipped. The FBI does not say why a person is placed in that status.

5. If you have an RGN number, you will be contacted when your number reaches the top.
                      Last edited by cmp1911admin; 02-08-2022 at 05:05 PM. Reason: add"

Comment

• CadillacMike
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Wakko View Post
                        You only wanted service? I told my folks to get rack and field.
                        I might have opted for service grade, but field grades have a better chance of being nice And unrefinished. But still...

So, I read joker's post. Is the CMP completing the NCIS BEFORE contacting us?? Or do they run it AFTER speaking with us on the phone???
                        Last edited by CadillacMike; 03-05-2022, 09:18 PM. Reason: system keeps on double or triple line spacing my posts!
                        - LTC USA (Ret)

Comment

• 1911operator
                          • Jan 2022

I might have opted for service grade, but field grades have a better chance of being nice And unrefinished. But still...

So, I read joker's post. Is the CMP completing the NCIS BEFORE contacting us?? Or do they run it AFTER speaking with us on the phone???
                          When I called I was told my NICS was already completed. It was then a matter of picking, all grades were available to me, I selected Service. It came the next day, all Colt, dated to 1944, per colts lookup. It’s in Great shape, definitely refinished, with a replacement contract barrel, which from the markings and timeframe is likely Colt. I have yet to strip, clean and lube it and will do so before I fire it.

I agree, that a Field grade that was not refinished and showing some wear, would have also been a nice pick. I’m happy with my Service grade.

Comment

• Kramerica
                            • Mar 2021

My guess is the run the NICS before contact to ensure we are in fact eligible.

Comment

• Kramerica
                              • Mar 2021

My number 29886 so it should be coming up sooooon. I’m also hoping for a field grade. I have waited this long, if I have to wait another 90 days to get what I want so be it. I've always been told patients is a great virtue.
                              Last edited by Kramerica; 03-08-2022, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• 1911operator
                                • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Kramerica View Post
                                My number 29886 so it should be coming up sooooon. I’m also hoping for a field grade. I have waited this long, if I have to wait another 90 days to get what I want so be it. I've always been told patients is a great virtue.
                                Surprised you haven’t been called yet. Higher numbers, like mine were called, processed and already delivered. By The Way, I was told my NICS check was already completed. Received my Service Grade the following day. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X