X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirtracer151
    • May 2021

1903 C stocks

Hey guys, I have 2 rifles I'd like to turn into 1941 sniper replicas.

One is a standard Springfield. Nothing fancy and a bit beat up.

The 2nd will take more work. It's a 1922 M2. Someone at some point removed the front sight and drilled/tapped the barrel for an aftermarket front sight.

I called Chuck about a year ago and explained my projects. The 1903 just needs some holes drilled for scope blocks, some metal refinishing and in some cases maybe replacement, and a nice C stock.

The 1922 needs the front sight situation addressed (which chuck said he should be able to fix), a rear sight base assembly pressed on, and a nice C stock.

I explained to Chuck I didnt plan on shooting the rifles in competition so building them legal for competition wasnt a concern of mine. He still expressed his distaste for all the current C stock options on the market nowadays. This left me thinking I'm gonna have to buy an aftermarket stock and fit it myself and possibly even bed it. I'm very experienced in stock bedding on fiberglass modern precision rifle stocks so I'm not too worried about that.

I started looking at stocks but I cant seem to find any reproduction matching handguards for 1903. They all seem to be for A3s. Do people just use modified A3 handguards? Ultimately I gave up on my searching and the rifles have just sat in my safe. Recently I felt a burst of motivation to get them finished as intended but I really need to find a couple nice stock sets before I send the rifles to Chuck. Any advice for 1903 reproduction C stocks with matching handguards?
  • navyrifleman
    • Oct 2009

I have seen NOS 1903 handguards available from Gun Parts/Numerich and from SARCO recently.

Comment

• retread
      • Sep 2010

Dupage has original hand guards for sale

Comment

• smag
        • Oct 2011

Purty sure the 1922 barrel shank will have to be turned to except the rear sight collar. A mic check will tell ya for sure. Think those old 22 barrels shank are about same size as a A3 shank.
        Smag~

Comment

• chuckindenver
          • Jan 2012

i have yet to have any reproduction C stocks that are worth a can of beans, the 22 barrel will accept a rear sight base with no issues, i have 2 rifles in my safe that iv installed bases on, i was suprised actually, as i was told that they had to be turned.. they didnt.

Comment

Working...
          X