Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2021, 07:56 PM

I bought my share of them, because I needed some more projects (extreme sarcasm). I need no more. If there are any in the SS my next visit I am sure I will pick through them, and one or two may follow me home.
Here are some of mine:

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...=158125&page=6
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=226660
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=231527

I don't have a thread on my LN 1903 I got, maybe someday. Same day I get back to work on these.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 01-22-2021, 08:12 AM

At $350 unless its got a nice $350 stock its not worth the time. I got a bunch still in my pile at $100.
Have an a4 ready to go soon. Maybe I sell it ready to go but let a CMP member build it up. Just lay out all the parts and have it parked and D & T. With a a4 C stock and Smag bolt.

A4 Drill in a box, so to speak.

Smag~
Old 01-22-2021, 10:05 AM

On my recent visit to the CMP South Store, if the price had been (the former) $150, I would have definitely bought two.

Possibly three.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:06 PM

I have also bought many drill rifles in the past at $150 and $175. At $350, it is not worth it anymore. They would have to have something really special about them to make them worth $350. I have to agree, a $50 raise in price would have been reasonable. Doubling or more the price is way past reasonable. They are going to run away the collectors and people that like to restore these rifles (like me). I really hope they come to their senses and bring the prices back to something reasonable. But if some people are willing to pay those prices, I can't blame the CMP for getting all they can get. They won't be getting it from me though.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:39 PM

Maybe the current drill rifles are worth $350 (because of some feature or condition) and they simply haven't processed any at a lower grade recently?
No one has described these offensive rifles so far.

M1C Rack Grades are not flying off the shelves, and I recall collector and special grades collecting dust years ago.
If the lines weren't so long at the SS (and the 1.25 hr each way drive) I'd inspect and report on them myself just to lower the blood pressure of a few.
Not everything is a conspiracy.....

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 08:35 PM

I will tell ya. Some are hit hard, some are not to bad. The other thing is they are only letting you take one. So, at $350 a pop and you get only one. Hardly worth a 20 min drive. Unless you find one that had an under achiever Wage Grade welder who did the demill.

Unless you just want wall hanger ya got to go thru a few to find a good one for building a shooter.

Smag~
Old 01-26-2021, 08:43 PM

The 2002 CMP catalog lists complete 03A3 drill rifles with walnut stocks for $100. Drill rifles with plastic stocks or missing parts went for $50.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:42 PM

I just placed my first order for a M1 SPECIAL RACK Grade. At $650, I honestly think it is a decent price. However, $350 sounds extremely high on a 1903 DRILL Grade. I do understand their frustration because you do see a lot of CMP Rifles posted on Gunbroker that are significantly higher than they are sold through CMP. IMO, I think one of the reasons people are more willing to pay a higher price on gunbroker is because you SEE what you are getting. There is no mystery of what or WHEN you will get it. It has been a month, and I havent even receive an email acknowledging my order.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:30 PM

Supply and demand. How many driller 03's are left in the CMP empire? How many are left "out there" in the drilling world? Not many, I'd bet. they've been selling LOTS of them for a long time. And the question becomes: if the drillers are too much then why not get a regular shooter? Sounds like a number of you would prefer the shooter. So get one and skip the second rate "gun." Maybe we should suggest they stick the drill 03's on the auction site...
Old 02-08-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
Supply and demand. How many driller 03's are left in the CMP empire? How many are left "out there" in the drilling world? Not many, I'd bet. they've been selling LOTS of them for a long time. And the question becomes: if the drillers are too much then why not get a regular shooter? Sounds like a number of you would prefer the shooter. So get one and skip the second rate "gun." Maybe we should suggest they stick the drill 03's on the auction site...
With a price that high, they pretty much killed all the demand...they should raise the price of M1s. If its about supply/demand.

They will never lower the price. When is the last time they listened to customers / competitors? Nobody wanted the saftey glasses rule, yet, its still in the books. They are going to do what they want to.