Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2021, 06:00 PM

Hint: It's a joke.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 PM

Well played!

More please! Surely, you have an order in for a 1991 or 1991A1 (not that I mean to be presumptive).
Old 04-12-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPB View Post
Well played!

More please! Surely, you have an order in for a 1991 or 1991A1 (not that I mean to be presumptive).
LPB

Is the 1991 or 1999A1 something new? Where did you get that information. I scream protest. The CMP is not being fair letting everybody know about such a firearm that was able to be ordered up. I'm calling them right now!

LOL. Couldn't help myself.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloughMud View Post
Dear people with my order.

This email is in reference to my pending order. I would like it to be filled before everyone else’s order and done before CMP pays any other bills or does any work not related to my order - or I will complain on the CMP forum. I would like an unissued 1941 International Harvester M1 rifle, still in cosmoline. But I would like the cosmoline cleaned off before you send it to me or I will complain on the CMP forum.

I would like the rifle to have no more than two minor scratches on the GI wood, which I prefer will have all of the cartouches ever used since 1776. I would like only one “ding” with a shallow depth. This ding may only be by the rear sling swivel.

When I open the compartment where the cleaning kit would be, I expect to find a papyrus scroll detailing that the rifle was given to the original owner by George Patton, before it was carried on D-Day while the soldier was in the Army, and on Iwo Jima while the same subject was a Marine. Please also have this papyrus signed by Audie Murphy, since he shot my rifle in training.

Please send me copies of all National Archives photos showing my rifle being carried at the Inchon landing before Harry Truman had it on display at the White House. Naturally, with all this documented history I demand the bore to be bright and all readings at 0.

If this is not done, or if I have to wait longer than 3 days for my rifle to be gently dropped by a Chinook on my front porch with a cup of iced coffee - I will complain on the CMP forum.

Thank you. And please advise when you intend to sell Alvin York’s Winchester M1917 so my name can placed next to the winning number of the lottery for said rifle.

Sincerely,

Me
i would like 42 of these from CMP at the SG price to immediately flip on the auction sites and CMP should thank me for being such a great customer