Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
Man, you're brave doing that photo shoot in a parking lot! Looks good
Old 04-12-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
You are lucky. Mine came in green storage box split open small chunk of wood missing one wooden ends of the box is split in two, the storage box is rough it needs some work, no leather handles, no top on scope storage compartment, one of the scope caps locks is broken off, there is a spot of oil inside the scope along with a some black specks, there are multiple brass eyelets missing out of the cheek pad. On a scale of 1 to 10 mines gets a 3. I would not buy another one. They should have looked at these closer and graded them accordingly and their packing of the rifle sucks. If anyone wants mine they are more than welcome to it for what I have in it. Contact me.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
You are lucky. Mine came in green storage box split open small chunk of wood missing one wooden ends of the box is split in two, the storage box is rough it needs some work, no leather handles, no top on scope storage compartment, one of the scope caps locks is broken off, there is a spot of oil inside the scope along with a some black specks, there are multiple brass eyelets missing out of the cheek pad. On a scale of 1 to 10 mines gets a 3. I would not buy another one. They should have looked at these closer and graded them accordingly and their packing of the rifle sucks. If anyone wants mine they are more than welcome to it for what I have in it. Contact me.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Have you tried speaking with PSA about these issues? I know several folks said they were going to contact them about problems but nobody has said if PSA was willing to work with anyone on them.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Are you able to provide close up pics and details on the carry handle construction?

Yours are the first ones I've seen intact.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:39 PM

Thumbs down Palmetto State Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwitte View Post
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Have you tried speaking with PSA about these issues? I know several folks said they were going to contact them about problems but nobody has said if PSA was willing to work with anyone on them.

I did contact PSA for issues I was having with mine, after 50 mins on hold, all I got was that
these were sold "as is". I tried to explain that "Very Good Surplus Condition", does not mean broken, or missing parts! The representative sent me a email to forward photos while we were still on the line, I did and these were forwarded to a manager, I was told I "may" get a response. I was placed on hold several times while she talked to a manager, every response was
"sold as is"!
Old 04-12-2021, 03:16 PM

Thatís ******** poor customer service but typical of PSA. The least they could do is offer a bit of compensation back. I understand they may not be able to fix all the issues but...
Old 04-12-2021, 03:26 PM

Translation of the inner lid lablel:

Rifle cal. 7.62mm with scope mount. 1
Cheek pad complete with 3 felts and lace. 1
Flash hider. 1
Model 84 telescope complete with rubber eye shield. 1
Telescope sleeve. 1
Telescope bag. 1
Double tooth wrench for adjusting hollow head drums. 1
3.17mm hex key for socket head screws for adjusting the position of the telescope on the sleeve. 1
Descriptive notes of the 7.62 NATO Type 2 caliber rifle with bag. 1
Old 04-12-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I did contact PSA for issues I was having with mine, after 50 mins on hold, all I got was that
these were sold "as is". I tried to explain that "Very Good Surplus Condition", does not mean broken, or missing parts! The representative sent me a email to forward photos while we were still on the line, I did and these were forwarded to a manager, I was told I "may" get a response. I was placed on hold several times while she talked to a manager, every response was
"sold as is"!
This is the result of the wholesalers abandoning the previously used NRA standards for description of rifle condition. Surolus ads used to say NRA good, NRA VG, NRA fair.

The new descriptions now just mean whatever the dealer wants it to mean. Case in point Classic and Royal Tiger.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
Are you able to provide close up pics and details on the carry handle construction?

Yours are the first ones I've seen intact.
Here are some pictures of mine.

http://imgur.com/gallery/03rX9WW
Old 04-12-2021, 03:36 PM

My box has the holes from the screws. I Have an extra piece of leather here and was just going to get some screws and washers to make a replacement. for convenience moving the box around

What is the length of the strap from end to end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell J View Post
Here are some pictures of mine.

http://imgur.com/gallery/03rX9WW