Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2021, 03:45 PM

I am having so much fun reading this one, I have to comment just to keep it going.

I used to read a post on Rimfire, "Squirrel Hunters! The Tree Kind!" that claims to be the longest running thread on the internet almost 60k reply's with first post in 2004.

We can only dream

NRA Endowment Life Member; Garand Collectors Association (GCA); Carbine Club; Ohio Gun Collector Assoc (OGCA) Life Member
Old 04-09-2021, 03:52 PM

I think the CMP should buy Springfield Armory, Fire Up the Garand production line and make one rifle. Just for the OP. Then shut it all down again. Do the same for Winchester, HRA and IHC just so the OP won’t feel like he was cheated. Since LC is still open and busy the CMP should purchase an reopen the TW plant and make ammo, just for the OP.

Then maybe head over to Toledo and get the Jeep plant going again so he’ll have something to drive to the range.
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics
Old 04-09-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
I think the CMP should buy Springfield Armory, Fire Up the Garand production line and make one rifle. Just for the OP. Then shut it all down again. Do the same for Winchester, HRA and IHC just so the OP won’t feel like he was cheated. Since LC is still open and busy the CMP should purchase an reopen the TW plant and make ammo, just for the OP.

Then maybe head over to Toledo and get the Jeep plant going again so he’ll have something to drive to the range.
I agree...but only if the order has a STICKY.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes7 View Post

Finally!! Someone who understands the pain! Thanks for the replies, sirs. May all of you get what you wish for on your orders.... And long live the CMP!

Pro Patria

🇺🇸
Old 04-09-2021, 04:45 PM

Thanks for some sane and hilarious comments. It might serve to tone down some attitudes, but probably not.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:15 PM

My Brother had a sign carved years ago...

"THOU SHALT NOT WHINE!!!"
Old 04-09-2021, 05:23 PM

I just don't understand how I can order a living 6 toed sloth from Amazon and get free next day shipping. How can it take more than 12 hours for something they made 6 million of?!?!

I only have 347 Garands at home and can't go on with life until I reach 400. Humbug!

-Sarcasm of course, I brag about the CMP every single chance I get, thank you ALL for what you do-
Old 04-09-2021, 05:27 PM

Yeah, don't forget the `sticky'.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:38 PM

Shouldn't the Garand be in the scabbard attached to the CMP jeep Orest promised us were coming?
Old 04-09-2021, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the humor. I still don't know how people can get all upset over the time it takes to get one of these fine rifles. Anybody that has been around the CMP for more than a few minutes knows that everyone in the organization is working to get these firearms out to us so they can continue to support the programs.

The federal law enacted in 1996 (Title 36 U. S. Code, 40701-40733) that created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, Inc. (CPRPFS, the formal legal name of the CMP) mandates these key “functions for the corporation:

To instruct citizens of the United States in marksmanship;
To promote practice and safety in the use of firearms;
To conduct competitions in the use of firearms and to award trophies, prizes, badges, and other insignia to competitors.