Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2021, 10:33 AM

Arrow Version 2.0 of NM Collector Software CP Available

Here is a link to a blog entry with more details!

Essentially, the biggest changes are enhanced reporting and more efficient entry of new items to large collections.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:54 AM

Terrific! I already have the 1.0 version. How would I upgrade to the new 2.0 software?
Old 11-17-2021, 12:07 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthony View Post
Terrific! I already have the 1.0 version. How would I upgrade to the new 2.0 software?
All you have to do is download and run (or install, your choice) the new version. It preserves all of your data. To be safe you can backup your current database using [File > Backup Database] first.

As a side note, the 1.0 [Help > About] menu shows you the file directories used by NM Collector CP for your system. Your data is stored in the "Data Directory" location but it is best not to mess with that data and just backup your database to another location.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you any other questions or encounter any problems. Please feel free to post here so others can see the problem and my response if you don't mind!

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2021, 12:02 PM

Why when I try to run or install the CP software do I get a message that it can't run as it need to be installed on a X64 system ? Does it only run on 64 bit systems ?
Old 12-24-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Wis. View Post
Why when I try to run or install the CP software do I get a message that it can't run as it need to be installed on a X64 system ? Does it only run on 64 bit systems ?
Yes, that is correct. I will update the shop entry accordingly. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:01 AM

i purchased a while back but didn't install - how do I get started again?
Old 02-01-2022, 11:16 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjor13 View Post
i purchased a while back but didn't install - how do I get started again?
First, I need to know what you purchased. Depending on how long ago it might have been NM Gun Collector Software, or it might have been NM Collector JE or, most recently, NM Collector CP.

If NM Gun Collector Software, you can download and use it for free at https://www.nmcollector.net/product-...ector-software

If NM Collector JE, I will need to work with you some more. Due to changes Apple made it cannot be run on Macs if downloaded from the web. That is why I disabled the download from my store. However, if you are using Windows you can download and use it after I make the download available to you. After that you just need to re-apply your activation which would have been sent via email. I do not keep track of those activations so you will have to send me proof of purchase and I will send you another activation.

If NM Collector CP, just download it from our shop and apply the activation that was sent to you via email. If you lost your activation my new eCommerce site does keep a record of the email used for each purchase so I should be able to look you up by your email and resend your activation to that email.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2022, 11:31 AM

sent you a PM

Tags
collecting, inventory, inventory software, software