Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2022, 03:07 PM

Default FS: Springfield Armory M1922 M1.I U.S. Trainer w/ Extra Mag!

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS (29 PICS)
For sale is a Springfield Armory M1922 M1.1 training rifle in .22 Long Rifle. The ser# is 9327B. The receiver has the added, hand-stamped, "B" after the serial number, and the .1, after the M1, model number. The barrel is dated 6-32 and has the SA and flaming Ordnance bomb. The rifling and bore are excellent and shiny (very hard to photograph). The bolt number does not match the receiver number. Includes a near new M1907 "Garand" leather sling, dated "MRT Jan 07". Includes (2) ORIGINAL M2 magazines. Has Lyman 17 AXFA front sight (for the Springfield Armory SA M1922 M1, M2), and a Lyman 48 rear peep sight (original to rifle).
Some History:
A total of 20,020 M1922 MI rifles were built from 1925 to1934—14,680 for military issue and 5,330 for sales through the DCM-NRA. After serial number 17,267, the steel in the bolt and receiver was changed to nickel steel, and the root of the bolt handle was stamped “NS.”
The final 1922 model was the M2. Production of the M2 began in 1933 and ended in 1942 with an estimated total production of slightly over 12,000. Among the improvements was a bolt adjustable for headspace and stamped “M2” and its new magazine marked “M2” fit higher in the receiver well and better aligned cartridges with the chamber. The new “issue” stock had less drop. The DCM-NRA M2 model still retained the 1922-style stock with a national match buttplate while the receiver and the barrel were drilled and tapped for scope blocks. The bolt throw of the M2 was shortened to just clear the length of a Long Rifle cartridge in the magazine. The rear of the striker was fitted with a large nut to deflect gas from a ruptured case.
To add to the 1922 model designation confusion, Model 1922 MI rifles turned in for repair or updating were fitted with the new M2 bolt and magazine. An additional “I” or “1” was hand stamped and added to the model designation making it a “Model 1922MII” while the letter “B” was added as a suffix to the serial number. In his book, The Model 1903 Springfield and Its Variations, Brophy says the hand stamping was crudely done in many cases with “an inconsistency in the size of the stamps used and in the placement of the marks on the receiver.”
This is an excellent condition collectible that can be shot, and not hurt. These rifles are known to be "tack-drivers"! The extra, original, magazine is worth about $165 alone (last time I bought one 3 years ago), if not more. A great, collectible, piece of history.
$SOLD! plus actual shipping. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information (you and your dealer’s phone numbers), the way you want to pay, and a zip code of your C&R or shop it is going to. I take Personal checks, Bank checks and Business checks (with MY bank’s clear time), USPS money orders, DISCREET Paypal gift, or credit cards +3.5% of the total. I am an 01 FFL. Cross posted. Time stamp rules. I WILL sell to California. I am all set up to do so. Please email me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com to learn the actual California C&R FFL laws.

Last edited by shawn hoague; 01-14-2022 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:28 PM

I'll take it.