Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2022, 03:45 PM

I guess I shouldn't say out loud but, in years of service, more than once I used one to bang something. Never too obvious, but if I was in war, it would have been used a lot more.... ==== but in peacetime, you kinda don't want to get caught banging it around
Old 01-14-2022, 07:46 AM

I hope someone gets the one my Squadleader had fall out of his holster and bounce along beside the Jeep for a mile or two on its lanyard.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHScott View Post
I hope someone gets the one my Squadleader had fall out of his holster and bounce along beside the Jeep for a mile or two on its lanyard.
Ha, ha, too funny.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
I guess I shouldn't say out loud but, in years of service, more than once I used one to bang something. Never too obvious, but if I was in war, it would have been used a lot more.... ==== but in peacetime, you kinda don't want to get caught banging it around
Wait… we’re still talking 1911’s right???
Old 01-14-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbuspete View Post
I just received my rack grade Remington Rand yesterday. Looks like I didn't get one as nice as the other rack grades I've seen posted. At least it has both a RR slide and frame. It looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to the area where the grip safety meets the frame. A careless armorer maybe?
The barrel seems almost new, from 1985?
Thanks for any opinions!
Pete
Have you looked under the safety? If you find the same kinds markings, then someone may have been holding the frame in an unpadded vice.

They may have also been trying to "upset" the frame and push metal into the safety lever hole. The safety lever hole may have gotten worn to the point where the hole got over sized and the lever did work properly. When the new 9mm pistols were being issued, National Guard units still had 1911 for years. Before the 1st Gulf War, the was little effort to make sure Guard units has functional equipment. The DOD was think if they needed the Guard, it would be for WWIII in Europe where new gear was sitting ready to be issued.

The term "unfinanced demand" was the excuse given for not fully supplying Guard units with the new gear or repair parts prior to the 1st Gulf War.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:29 PM

Fenris, PM sent.