Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2022, 09:46 PM

Default Best place to get an M1 Carbine?

Now that CMP is sold out where is the best place to get a carbine of quality for a decent price? On RTI and classicfirearms.com i can get one for 1500 or so but Iím not too sure on the quality. Does anyone have any other places they donít mind sharing? I really donít want to have to get on gunbroker lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2022, 10:16 PM

I think the best place is here. If you post WTB you will get several offers. For RTI price I might even have one. PM me if you like.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:32 PM

Keep an eye outÖ

I browse a handful of forums on Tapatalk, this being one of them. Periodically check various classifieds.

My M1 Carbine, I got a decent price off S&W Forum. That forum actually found me a lot of C&R stuff.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:02 PM

Awesome thanks so much guys! I was hoping to spend 500 bucks and get a WW2 folding stock carbine that is still in the shrink wrap! All joking aside Iím only looking to spend around 1500 bucks right now and just get as nice of a WW2 shooter as I can find for that amount! Thanks again!

Old 01-16-2022, 11:39 PM

I traded a very nice Colt Cobra for a very nice inland Carbine that looks very nice,MW was less than a 1 Ive not checked the throat,All the other parts look US GI new.The only drawback was it is a import.But it looks like it was brand new when imported and has a stock with the Korean Writing on it thats in very good shape also.It looks like someone got a new or as close to new as you can get import and put it in the back of the safe till now. You never know what you may find and if you have something someone wants bad enough you can get yourself a good deal.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:53 PM

Just be careful and watch out for frauds.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:57 PM

Long as you know enough about M1 Carbines to not get ripped off by fakes with repro parts, gun shows are a good place to find M1 Carbines. I go to one every few months and usually see 3-5 M1 carbines. Some are crazy priced but, every once in a while, you might find a deal. Last month I picked up a 1943 Inland that was almost all correct for $1100. You just have to have patience and keep looking. Good Luck
Old 01-17-2022, 06:51 PM

Gun shows can be great since you can obviously inspect the gun right there and take it home right away. Just resist the urge to settle on something that doesn't really meet your expectations or overpay for one just because it's in your hands.

Gun shows are very hit or miss though. I just went to a military show last weekend. Seems like it would be the perfect place to find a carbine. I saw only three. Two of them were a little more than I wanted to pay and one was way too much. Still cool to go and see all the history though. Many many bayonets...
Old 01-17-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbenson89 View Post
Now that CMP is sold out where is the best place to get a carbine of quality for a decent price? On RTI and classicfirearms.com i can get one for 1500 or so but Iím not too sure on the quality. Does anyone have any other places they donít mind sharing? I really donít want to have to get on gunbroker lol.

Not a bad deal at all- https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipmen...e/131-2213609/
Old 01-18-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Ring View Post
I think the best place is here. If you post WTB you will get several offers. For RTI price I might even have one. PM me if you like.
If 6-Ring has one for you heís a straight up guyÖ the RTI is a crapshoot at best. Some people get lucky at pawn shops or gun shows. Iím not usually that guy.