Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2021, 01:34 AM

Watch the Garand Collectors Association video with Gus Fisher. He said they would clean up the crown of their NM rifles around every 500 rounds. He said there was a noticeable difference in accuracy when they did this. In the video, he takes an example rifle and uses his crowning tool by hand and works the crown by hand until every land and groove have an new cut edge. I have tried to find the same Severance crowning tool he uses in the video but can't find it.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmonhead View Post
Watch the Garand Collectors Association video with Gus Fisher. He said they would clean up the crown of their NM rifles around every 500 rounds. He said there was a noticeable difference in accuracy when they did this. In the video, he takes an example rifle and uses his crowning tool by hand and works the crown by hand until every land and groove have an new cut edge. I have tried to find the same Severance crowning tool he uses in the video but can't find it.
Link?

Sounds like they ought to let the carbon build up, tweak the load, and be good for life. I've yet to see mention of bolt and AR guys doing this.
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara
Old 12-25-2021, 09:36 AM

https://thegca.org/gus-fisher-semina...ca-convention/

Starts around the 4:35 mark.

Last edited by lemmonhead; 12-25-2021 at 11:05 AM.