Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Is it Real or Repro?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2021, 08:29 PM

Default Another NFR

My dad got this one in the late 80s. I'm hoping it can be verified. It has an AA rebuild mark scratched in there and a cool rack # button under the pistol grip. Sorry about the poor lighting.

http://imgur.com/a/IUXhU2r

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:58 PM

100% fake unfortunately

Last edited by Gmercury2000; 10-10-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmercury2000 View Post
100% fake unfortunately
Great. Now looking at a couple of real ones I can see the period after the S is off to start with. You know at first I didn't give it a second thought that it may be fake since he has had it for so long. I just posted it since I have a decent GAW from my last set of FG's that may be more appropriate for his rifle and he told me the story of the "Dealer/M1 Expert" at the old lake co. gun show that got it for him.

It's pretty annoying that in our hobby, half of the people want to teach, help, and work off of handshakes and the other half want to do or say anything to part you from your money. I'm seeing it get worse as milsurp and ammo prices spike. It is what it is. Caveat Emptor I guess.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer111 View Post
It's pretty annoying that in our hobby, half of the people want to teach, help, and work off of handshakes and the other half want to do or say anything to part you from your money. I'm seeing it get worse as milsurp and ammo prices spike. It is what it is. Caveat Emptor I guess.

Yeah, it's a shame so many will try and pass one over on some many without a second thought. There was a GHS stock on ebay a while back that went for about 800 and was determined to be a fake. I've only been in this hobby for a couple years now but have learned a lot. I truly feel bad for those new to it and don't know what to look for. Usually by the time they find out, it's too late