Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renisin View Post
Come on Greg, I never said that. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, that they would get it right. All I will say is that they got close, but for me it just wasn't close enough.

I still applaud James River Armory.

Anything Else?
Yeah, I'd like to see your explanation for going back and deleting all of your posts except for one, in the M14 Forum thread.

You deleted your posts on 3/14, (after you saw and rejected your receivers on 3/13).

In that thread, you were literally CHEERING this whole thing on- gushing, waving your pom-poms, and simultaneously chastising others like Roadkingtrax for just questioning the viability of receiver welding. You also argued with people who challenged you that these would not be "historical" and close to real M14's "restored" is the word you used.

Whatsamatter? Can't you own up to your previous statements? Don't want anyone to remember what you said?

Last edited by Paperkiller; 03-16-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:29 PM

I've been keeping quiet on this..

I had to send mine back.... The receiver heel was canted; Welded on a bit crooked, but I was told I got the "1st run"... Waiting on another batch from heat treating...
Was hoping mine was the exception, not the rule.
Renisin, not sure why you sent yours back. If it's mainly for cosmetic purposes or if you had a true issue with function. Mine was visibly crooked, not sure how it made it past QA.

Last edited by TokiWartooth; 03-16-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:30 PM

Seemed to good to be true. I will stick with a new manufacture complete receiver.
I hope this does not taint JRA's reputation.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokiWartooth View Post
I've been keeping quiet on this..

I had to send mine back.... The receiver heel was canted; Welded on a bit crooked, but I was told I got the "1st run"... Waiting on another batch from heat treating...
Was hoping mine was the exception, not the rule.
Renisin, not sure why you sent yours back. If it's mainly for cosmetic purposes or if you had a true issue with function. Mine was visibly crooked, not sure how it made it past QA.
I was uneasy feeling when another forum member was telling me about them, he got in line for one of them. I don't like the idea of preselling receivers, come to market when you have a marketable product, by preselling you are in some ways setting a deadline for yourself, before you know for sure you can deliver a good product, that's not something I think JRA or any other manufacturer should do unless they have quite a few under their belt already.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I hope this does not taint JRA's reputation.
I don't think it does in anyway. They make and sell great products. These receivers just weren't one of them.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperkiller View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see your explanation for going back and deleting all of your posts except for one, in the M14 Forum thread.

You deleted your posts on 3/14, (after you saw and rejected your receivers on 3/13).

In that thread, you were literally CHEERING this whole thing on- gushing, waving your pom-poms, and simultaneously chastising others like Roadkingtrax for just questioning the viability of receiver welding. You also argued with people who challenged you that these would not be "historical" and close to real M14's "restored" is the word you used.

Whatsamatter? Can't you own up to your previous statements? Don't want anyone to remember what you said?

I don't know went on in this other thread, I have pretty well been out of the loop on these (not looking for a new receiver, and the price was too high for this cheap skate) but I would not be surprised one bit if JRA got this thing all squared away in the next few months, and had some very nice examples out.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:55 PM

anytime something new comes out its the next best thing. Im sure standard jra are as fine as any other receiver. But ive seen alot of rifles build on other brands that were just fine too. I would like to think that such a company wouldnt allow such shoddy workmanship out the door.
Closed Thread