Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2021, 08:09 AM

Well, I went into the LGS that was advertising the MC-58, and believe it or not, it was still in the rack!!!

They set it aside for me, and I'm going back today to buy it. Can anyone tell me about the Boyt SL1-K sling? any for sale anywhere?

also seeking info on a web sling for this rifle. can anyone ID the sling that's on the rifle in the picture I posted? Is that just a run of the mill Garand or M14 sling? can anyone make out or recognize the ink stamp? anyway, I'm excited to have found this rifle, and to learn about the Reising design. Can't wait to get it and put some rounds through
Old 04-02-2021, 02:57 PM

237.5 hours before I can pick it up. Funny how it says USMC on the rifle, but has NTC stamped into the stock. There's only one picture of a Marine with one of these guns on the internet. and not even one where a Sailor is using one.

When I went to boot camp at MCRD, the Drill Instructors always made fun of the squids carrying 22s at the NTC next door

Last edited by A Seabee; 04-02-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Seabee View Post
Well, I went into the LGS that was advertising the MC-58, and believe it or not, it was still in the rack!!!

They set it aside for me, and I'm going back today to buy it. Can anyone tell me about the Boyt SL1-K sling? any for sale anywhere?

also seeking info on a web sling for this rifle. can anyone ID the sling that's on the rifle in the picture I posted? Is that just a run of the mill Garand or M14 sling? can anyone make out or recognize the ink stamp? anyway, I'm excited to have found this rifle, and to learn about the Reising design. Can't wait to get it and put some rounds through

Nice find! From what I can tell on the Boyt SL1-K sling, they are a unicorn and hard to find. I’ve been looking everywhere for one with out any luck. I found a decent used Boyt sling that’s fits the characteristics but is not marked SL1-k. I wouldn’t count on finding one unless pure luck.

I am curious of what sling is on yours as well. Please post when you recieve it

Mike

Feedback Link:
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...ht=Gaterbaitii
Old 04-12-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaterbaitii View Post

I am curious of what sling is on yours as well. Please post when you recieve it

Mike
here's some pics, I can't tell if it says 1943 or 1948

Last edited by A Seabee; 04-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:59 PM

Looks to be in very nice condition. Did it come with a H&R “non-Reising” marked 10rd mag? Mine came with one as such and bought 3 extras, but w/ the added reising markings

Feedback Link:
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...ht=Gaterbaitii
Old 04-12-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaterbaitii View Post
Looks to be in very nice condition. Did it come with a H&R “non-Reising” marked 10rd mag? Mine came with one as such and bought 3 extras, but w/ the added reising markings
It came with an unmarked mag. I bought 2 others on ebay. 1 is Reising marked, the other is H&R only marked. the rifle is in amazing condition, I paid a premium for the rifle, but I don't think I'll ever see another for sale at the gun store

I'm busy cleaning up the stock now

Last edited by A Seabee; 04-12-2021 at 09:32 PM.