Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthony View Post
I've been fairly good about not checking the e-store obsessively. However I have been perusing the New Order Timeline thread pretty often. Going from that I figure the time between "order packet delivered to CMP" and "rifle in hand" is about 3 months. Since my order packet arrived there on March 15 I figure my rifle will arrive around mid-June, give or take. I don't think there's much chance of that changing, so it's just a case of hurry up and wait.

In the meantime I've been doing some reading since I'm brand-new to M1s. And learning what I can from hanging around here.
Great attitude and assessment... Took about 3 months for me... Although I did call them at some point due to Credit Card Fraud to update the info and was told my IHC SG was on backorder... I ended up getting an offer for an IHC FG, accepted, and received within a few days... Those weren't even being offered! You are spot on in how to handle the down time!
Old 05-06-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorjenboy View Post
Great attitude and assessment... Took about 3 months for me... Although I did call them at some point due to Credit Card Fraud to update the info and was told my IHC SG was on backorder... I ended up getting an offer for an IHC FG, accepted, and received within a few days... Those weren't even being offered! You are spot on in how to handle the down time!
Thank you! I've also been using the down time to scour the Internet (and local gun shops) for Garand-safe ammo. I haven't had much success but I'm still looking. I'll probably end up ordering some en blocs soon. And maybe some grease to lube it up when the rifle arrives.

I've got a SG coming my way. According to CMP it'll be either a Springfield or H&R. I'm not a collector, I'm a shooter so it's all the same to me. I did put in a sticky asking for the best possible barrel readings though I'm not certain that does any good.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:43 AM

After several frustrating days, of checking the E store, every couple of hours, I have vowed, to check just once a day, can't wait to get my hands on my M1.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:15 PM

Wow, and here I thought I was being obsessive for checking the E-store daily! My packet was accepted Jan 8 so it shouldn't be too much longer...
Old 05-11-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthony View Post
Thank you! I've also been using the down time to scour the Internet (and local gun shops) for Garand-safe ammo. I haven't had much success but I'm still looking. I'll probably end up ordering some en blocs soon. And maybe some grease to lube it up when the rifle arrives.

I've got a SG coming my way. According to CMP it'll be either a Springfield or H&R. I'm not a collector, I'm a shooter so it's all the same to me. I did put in a sticky asking for the best possible barrel readings though I'm not certain that does any good.
Sometimes you can catch ammo on the Estore... I bought 100 rounds brass .308 for $125 and 100 rds brass 30-06 for $150... Not the best of prices compared to the pre-crazy days but not bad either considering the alternative is zero rounds for zero dollars! =)=)