Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 07:45 PM

OP you fail to realize that regardless of how many complaints you see in regards to cheap commercial parts the M14 market is still and most likely will always remain a niche market.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
OP you fail to realize that regardless of how many complaints you see in regards to cheap commercial parts the M14 market is still and most likely will always remain a niche market.
+1

Niche market, only thing that could boost it up would be an outright ban on AR-15 ownership. Even then, the M14 would get caught up in it...

Keep them M1 Garand's oiled.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
+1
Niche market, only thing that could boost it up would be an outright ban on AR-15 ownership. Even then, the M14 would get caught up in it...
In that case they could always produce a replica of the 10 round fixed magazine version the Army considered before the M14 was adopted. The option to top load the M14 is a plus in that respect.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orest View Post
....... As for parts - they have to come from somewhere and we don't see any more coming from the Army.
Thanks O, that is good to hear. May have someone contact you in the future to discuss such things, and maybe send you some specs and test results. They have to get finished with other test in Annapolis first before moving on to the next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
The 800 pound gorilla in the room is going to be the parts kits. Receiver sales will be slow without an ample supply of parts.
Yep, that's why I asked. I am not in the habit of ignoring an 800 lb. gorilla in the room .....like alcoholics ignore their pink elephants. I like to walk around the gorilla and avoid him, or capture and run over him. Either way, he is not in my way anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
I don't think I fail at most things, including realization. Maybe my social skills fail sometimes, but that's because I'm old and get cantankerous. I would hope people know to look past that by now and take me as I am. No harm or foul is meant by me....but niche market ? I don't see that, as SAi produces 20,00 a year of them, and they are not sitting in warehouses somewhere, ...someone is buying them.

The market is broadening everyday as troops come back from tours in the zones and having firsthand experience with these rifles. It will be exactly like the rush after viet nam and the ar-15, and it's rise to popularity for civilians.

Everyone wanted what their kin carried in combat back then, so they could emulate them. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, my brother carried, my uncle carried, my dad carried an M16...etc, etc,...and he made it back, that's good enough for me..... How little they knew....if they had, they would have opted for the M14 back then and we would have never had any kits at all left over. But Elmer hadn't invented the civilian version yet at that time.

I told Hawk that years ago when forming the t14 forum and teams for competing at camp perry with m14's. All one need do is look at the video games now and back when these wars began (police actions). M14's are everywhere in them now, movies too. Soon it will be as popular as the ar-15 was then....in my opinion.

Plus the fact that men that carried the M14 in theatre will want what kept them alive and gave them security, or the feeling of security, when returning home,... I did. That was the hardest thing to overcome in being civilian again, the need to feel secure. Really strange trying to sleep as a civilian and not knowing who had the duty while I rested, or whether I could count on them to protect the perimeter.
Quote:
+1

Keep them M1 Garand's oiled.
Don't give them any ideas. It would suit me fine though if they did ban the ar-15.....Then the M14 would fill the gap until it too came under attack, years later....... But what do I 'know' ? Not 'all' I'm sure. Maybe you could run your opinion by Rojkoh. Someone told me you wrote, that he and I think we know it all....... Ask him.... I already stated I don't know it all about the M14....but working on it.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 View Post

Don't give them any ideas. It would suit me fine though if they did ban the ar-15.....Then the M14 would fill the gap until it too came under attack, years later....... But what do I 'know' ? Not 'all' I'm sure. Maybe you could run your opinion by Rojkoh. Someone told me you wrote, that he and I think we know it all....... Ask him.... I already stated I don't know it all about the M14....but working on it.
I don't think a ban on any weapon, especially the dominant highpower and sporting rifle, would do anyone a service.

Also you must have me confused with another individual with regard to the Rojkoh subject. I don't waste my time publicly or privately rating forum members.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I don't think a ban on any weapon, especially the dominant highpower and sporting rifle, would do anyone a service.
I get the impression that he thinks that if the AR was banned we'd all have to switch to his preferred rifle, thus increasing production of his preferred rifle and making them cheaper for him.

It wouldn't work that way.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 PM

So Rip, when are you going to start sending out the new receivers? After a couple of Fultons and 5 James Rivers over the Winter, I am ready to take a look at the ones Tony G has been alluding to.

Semper Fi
Art
Old 03-25-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
So Rip, when are you going to start sending out the new receivers? After a couple of Fultons and 5 James Rivers over the Winter, I am ready to take a look at the ones Tony G has been alluding to.

Semper Fi
Art
New entry into the market? Any pics/price point?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
New entry into the market? Any pics/price point?
I am not the one to answer questions about newest of the new that are in the pipeline. I keep hearing rumors the same a everyone else. I am always looking to try out new stuff. So far LRB and James River have done well by me. Fultons are cast so I just picked up a couple of receivers on a whim. Not my cup of tea but I am sure some folks just love them to death.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post

Semper Fi
Art
The one Tony is involved with is different. I'm not connected in the way everyone thinks. Neither one is permitted to divulge or discuss yet. Will let you know when I can. Thanks for your interest.

If things go well, maybe I will see you at Camp Perry this year. First I have to get down to the regionals in Louisiana at Palo Alto and give Nez, Ray, and Tony a little touch-up. .......and that my friend, is not easy these days.

Made more difficult because Ray Diaz is one of the best wind callers in the business and he usually teams with Nez. I hope to get on the four man team with these three this time though. Working together instead of against each other. I feel sorry for those Louisiana boys when we all get there as a team on Friday with the .30 cal.