Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 View Post
If you do decide to move forward, I have you a barrel with everything on it and all the parts except a stock set and a few small parts for a BM14 build using M14 mags.
A quick thread hijack, any suggestions as to where to get a BM59 butt pad assembly or some type of facsimile? I have a BM59 stock and note the butt is cut for a lipped plate like an M1, so a flat faced generic pad won't work (unless the shoulder is ground off the BM59 butt). Usual BM59 sources like Standard Parts, Stock Emporium and Ajax are out of stock.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:19 PM

Did you check Numrich?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2020, 12:22 AM

Yup, not in stock unless you buy the entire BM59 kit (less receiver and barrel) for $384.75 (Product #: 1572160). However, I was alerted to two butt pads that popped up on Stock Emporium and which were delivered today, so I'm handled!
Old 12-16-2020, 07:22 PM

Here is a questen I am really thinking hard about get one of these kit don't know witch kit would be better numrich or sarco even if I never build I could sell it in a few years for double what I paid for it when there gone like the m16 kits look what there bringing. I also found M14 kits on gunbroker for $389 you probably know about them already but can a M1 garand receiver be used to build a m14 or are they completely different. thanks
Old 12-16-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW99 View Post
Here is a questen I am really thinking hard about get one of these kit don't know witch kit would be better numrich or sarco even if I never build I could sell it in a few years for double what I paid for it when there gone like the m16 kits look what there bringing. I also found M14 kits on gunbroker for $389 you probably know about them already but can a M1 garand receiver be used to build a m14 or are they completely different. thanks
You need to decide if you want a BM59ITAL or BM59E. I have a BM59ITAL kit with the Para stock and 2-pc spigot that I need to get to Shuff. I am using a engraved leg SA Receiver.

As for the M14 receiver, you cant modify a Garand receiver or if you did find someon who could do so the cost would be less than buying a M14 receiver. There are several great M14 receivers so itís a moot issue. I build my only M14 from a kit and a Bula receiver and I love that rifle.

Good luck.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:03 PM

Iím still looking for the rear sling swivel parts, anyone know where to find them?
Old 12-18-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW99 View Post
Here is a questen I am really thinking hard about get one of these kit don't know witch kit would be better numrich or sarco even if I never build I could sell it in a few years for double what I paid for it when there gone like the m16 kits look what there bringing. I also found M14 kits on gunbroker for $you probably know about them already but can a M1 garand receiver be used to build a m14 or are they completely different. thanks
JPW, I have bought from assorted vendors and think that Numrich has the best deal. They give you the rear swivel parts (some don't and want 40-60 bucks for them). You get all the parts except receiver and barrel. I bought 3ea from Numrich and have been pleased with all of them.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:42 AM

I've got a barrel and a parts kit I am going to be selling. If interested, send me a PM please.