Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2020, 05:31 PM

900 bucks for a SOCOM or base M1A demilled gun needing a receiver seems like an expensive way to build a thousand dollar rifle. Am I off in my thinking here?
Old 12-25-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodnoodn View Post
900 bucks for a SOCOM or base M1A demilled gun needing a receiver seems like an expensive way to build a thousand dollar rifle. Am I off in my thinking here?
Id like to find a thousand dollar M1A (non Chinese) I think it depends on the quality of the parts kit and what receiver it is built to.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:59 PM

I’ve never seen that sight before. I’m betting there all police confiscated guns, cut up then sold.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:56 AM

More than likely. They get cool stuff, but they seem to price their chopped guns at retail+ for the complete firearm they chopped.

They had a cut GI M14 once and they wanted BIG money for it.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
They get cool stuff, but they seem to price their chopped guns at retail+ for the complete firearm they chopped.
I agree, these prices are way above market value. The medium weight parts are from a CA-compliant SAI with the CA muzzle brake. I bought a similar circa 2009 'loaded' SAI M1A this past summer for $1200 on the m14forum, and I've seen similar deals in 2020. A nice M1A receiver is a ~ $700+ part, so that's $1600+ before labor and with a used barrel of unknown wear. You can often buy new ones at that price any given week on gunbroker.

Bottomine: Who in their right mind would pay $900 for one of those cut up SAI M1As parts kits that are likely all commercial SAI parts, with the possible exception of maybe the hammer in the trigger group? Moreover, there's no way of knowing if the barrel is worn-out or still good...so its a crazy price, but I guess there are no shortages of fools willing to part with their money...

Last edited by Random Guy; 12-26-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:34 AM

Default Cut up guns

I think you guys are right all kinds of cut up guns for way over retail value this 1941 colt is darn near what a complete pistol would go for

https://everygunpart.com/sale/colt-m...arkerized.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Guy View Post
I agree, these prices are way above market value. The medium weight parts are a CA-compliant SAI with the CA muzzle break. I bought a similar circa 2009 'loaded' SAI M1A this past summer for $1200 on the m14forum, and I've seen similar deals in 2020. A nice M1A receiver is a ~ $700 part, so that's $1600+ before labor and with a used barrel of unknown wear. You can often buy new ones at that price any given week on gunbroker.

Bottomine: Who in their right mind would pay $900 for one of those cut up SAI M1As parts kits that are likely all commercial SAI parts, with the possible exception perhaps the hammer in the trigger group? Moreover, there's no way of knowing if the barrel is worn-out or still good...so its a crazy price, but I guess there are no shortages of fools willing to part with their money...

33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating,
My feedback
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
Old 12-26-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
It says... "Springfield M1A" ???
What other receiver would they be attached to?
Why would it matter?
I would be concerned as to why they chopped a commercial receiver. It seems fishy to me.
Old 12-26-2020, 12:56 PM

Interesting thread. Most of the comments above seem to be questioning details about the seller.
I too had never heard of them.
A few minutes on their FAQ page made it all clear.
They sell parts kits. They source them from everywhere, including police and government auctions.
They sell no receivers, but if you see that a parts kit has half a demilled receiver, so be it. They don't need to mention it because it's useless as-is.
They very clearly say, many times that the pics are of the actual parts kit, so if there are multiple kits of say an M1A, they will have multiple listings. If you see it in the pic, that is what you will get, as in that exact part, not one like it.

They have a unique business model, I found myself checking receiver prices while viewing their site.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread

Last edited by ZvenoMan; 12-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandtom View Post
I would be concerned as to why they chopped a commercial receiver. It seems fishy to me.
Read their FAQ's.... it explains where they get their stuff from.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
Read their FAQ's.... it explains where they get their stuff from.
Hahaaaa. That's sarcasm! Says a number of sources, including government auctions, private collections and distributors around the world.
Still over priced and full of contradicting descriptions. Pass