Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2021, 12:04 AM

I have an 18" criterion on an lrb receiver , in a carbon fiber stock that shoots every bit as accurate as my SAK NM barreled SA ink.

Sometimes shorter barrels can be more accurate do to less barrel whip.

.308 gains less than 50 FPS per inch.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:09 PM

Alrighty. Another question for you knowledgeable M14 gentlemen. I have this new “Paratrooper” M14. There is a bit of a gap between the stock and the receiver heel. Approximately a sheet of paper thickness give or take a smidge. From most of what I have been reading this is not what is good. None of the M1s or the M1A I take care of have this issue. Short of bedding the action what remedies are available if any? Thanks for giving me your time. (The trigger group seems to lock up pretty normally).
Old 05-29-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Alrighty. Another question for you knowledgeable M14 gentlemen. I have this new “Paratrooper” M14. There is a bit of a gap between the stock and the receiver heel. Approximately a sheet of paper thickness give or take a smidge. From most of what I have been reading this is not what is good. None of the M1s or the M1A I take care of have this issue. Short of bedding the action what remedies are available if any? Thanks for giving me your time. (The trigger group seems to lock up pretty normally).
I would shoot the devil out of it for now and eventually stick it in a better fitting stock. I am having a ball with one of my TRW/Bula rifles with a standard weight 22" chrome lined Bula barrel bedded in a laminated stock. Whatta Hobby!
RVN 67-68
Old 05-29-2021, 08:15 PM

I likely will do that. I have another new stock from Bula that came on the original rifle. They were kind enough to sell it to me after I got a replacement rifle. I liked it because it has neat figure. I haven’t put this rifle into that stock yet. Maybe it will fit better. I also got one of those green SAI stocks awhile back from a member here. I’m learning as I go. They certainly are fun.
Yes, “whatta hobby” is right. Thanks Art. God bless.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:21 PM

nf1e, Now that is a proper Collection of Asst M14,M1
A1 Rifles,Just some fine rifles and Beautiful ,Wood. Looks like a lifes work and passion before our Eyes!

Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
Yes , I have a handwritten list of builds done over the many years. Photo is of some of the variations I have maintained for my collection.

Whatta Hobby!

Old 05-30-2021, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Yes , I have a handwritten list of builds done over the many years. Photo is of some of the variations I have maintained for my collection.

Whatta Hobby!

I count 49, Unless I am missing a few! Really disappointed, Short of one per week!!
Old 05-30-2021, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1563621 View Post
I count 49, Unless I am missing a few! Really disappointed, Short of one per week!!
There are two new receivers on the yellow chair in that photo that are now rifles. Have added another dozen since the photo and waiting for a couple of LRB SA receivers from a group buy last Fall. They are supposed to be here during June.

Whatta Hobby!
RVN 67-68
Old 06-04-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
There are two new receivers on the yellow chair in that photo that are now rifles. Have added another dozen since the photo and waiting for a couple of LRB SA receivers from a group buy last Fall. They are supposed to be here during June.

Whatta Hobby!
You're wife must love you to pieces. My wife would've shot me dead by the time I got to twenty
Old 06-04-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
You're wife must love you to pieces. My wife would've shot me dead by the time I got to twenty
I think she was probably off teaching glass fusing somewhere when I set up for the photo. Wouldn't be a problem anyway, she likes me paying attention to my hobbies. It keeps me out of her hair.
RVN 67-68