Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2021, 02:52 PM

plan taking work again, Aug 1st
Old 06-07-2021, 03:14 PM

Sorry for your loss Chuck. Glad you are taking some time for you.

Whit

My feedback thread
Old 06-07-2021, 08:21 PM

thanks everyone. im ok with my dad being gone, i miss who he was, but i watched him fade away quickly from Dementia, most of the things i know about 1903s i learned from being around him, Nick Ferris and Clark Campbell as a kid, i grew up around them, taking care of him for 4 years, aged me beyond my years, fell into a bit of depression funk after he died, getting past all that now, really trying to find my love of motorcycles again, as well as my love of the outdoors and shooting {my guns} it was to the point of take some time away, or just close up, and be done with it.. in my first week of just being a dirt bike rider, GTO rebuilder and dog snacks provider.. hosted a Ladies trail ride clinic last weekend, one of the best times iv had on a dirt bike in a long time, the ladies made it fun.. they all did better then i expected, this has been a double edge sword for me, the last year iv made more money in the gun industry then iv ever done before, but money isnt everything, and if you dont make time to take care of yourself, life makes its it rough. plan on doing some fishing, been buying a permit every year, and working so much i dont use it.. love a brookie with an ultra light rod..
Old 06-08-2021, 12:07 PM

Take the time to do some fishing!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:24 PM

Default Sorry to hear of your loss

The passing of a loved one is so difficult. My condolences. I'm glad that you are getting out and doing things that you enjoy and are rediscovering what makes you happy.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgoldsilverandlead View Post
Anyone have thoughts on the M73 or M82 from Hi-Lux? I need a scope for my A4 clone and they're carried at optics planet where I have some gift bucks to burn.

Seems like they are hit or miss when I search the forum. What's the latest word?
I recently purchased a Gen 2 scope from HiLux. The factory rep, Chris, said that the difference between the Gen 1 and the Gen 2 scope is the later has more windage clicks available, with a total of at least 60 MOA adjustment from optical center. So far the Gen 2 seems to be working as it should. It tracks well and holds zero, which are my two biggest concerns.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:00 AM

I could sell 2 sets of the upgraded mounts at the end of every match I attend after people check out the new mounts. They are almost Unertl quality. I see so many break downs (all different types) at these vintage matches.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:08 PM

Of course, I must have ordered the new mounts just before they came out with the Gen II scope! Ordered the mounts figuring on getting a set while they were in stock, and thought I could order the scope anytime. LOL. Oh well, I guess I'll order the new scope and sell the mounts. Anyway, how many of you that have the Hi-Lux have put the recoil spring on? I thought it would be better to have the spring so I didn't have to pull the scope back before every shot. Or isn't it that big of a deal? Greg
Old 07-08-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotewillie View Post
Of course, I must have ordered the new mounts just before they came out with the Gen II scope! Ordered the mounts figuring on getting a set while they were in stock, and thought I could order the scope anytime. LOL. Oh well, I guess I'll order the new scope and sell the mounts. Anyway, how many of you that have the Hi-Lux have put the recoil spring on? I thought it would be better to have the spring so I didn't have to pull the scope back before every shot. Or isn't it that big of a deal? Greg

The original USMC 1903 Unertl scope was fielded without the spring, so the spring is not allowed on the Vintage Sniper Match rifles.

I've got a Gen 1 Hilux scope and this thread reminded me that I wanted to order a set of the new rings. I checked and Hilux is still giving a $100 discount on the mounts to original Gen 1 owners...so the new mounts cost $299.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:04 PM

I won't ever be entering a vintage match so the spring/no spring won't affect me that way. Just wondered if there's an advantage to one or the other.