Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Default Question about the Mann Accuracy Devices...

The ones available are chambered in 308 so i was curious, do they have a 5 round capacity like a normal 03 would have?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Brosef View Post
The ones available are chambered in 308 so i was curious, do they have a 5 round capacity like a normal 03 would have?
The ones I have seen do (it's standard for a 1903-A3 receiver) but the MANN rifle was meant to be fed single shot. All of the 308 MANN rifles I have seen have no feed cone in the mouth of the chamber. Both of my MANN rifles will shave the case if fed from the magazine. I don't know what that would do to accuracy but I'm sure it's designed that way to fully support the case. It will certainly eventually result in a feed jam.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:45 AM

My Mann rifle will feed from the magazine, if I chamber the round slowly. Rapid fire is right out!

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
My Mann rifle will feed from the magazine, if I chamber the round slowly. Rapid fire is right out!

"Life is Good!"
I believe you but rapid fire will probably shave the brass.
It does on mine so I won't do it.
Besides, with the platform design I have made for the rifle, the bolt movement is restricted to single shot action.
I presume your MANN chamber is unmodified and that you are using NATO ammo or hand loads with small base sizing?
Any pictures of your MANN and target groups to share with us yet?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 PM

Yep, single shot. No cone and feed rail setup. The real issue is the no cone. That is the only way to truly accomplish the zero headspace and fully support the brass case. The nice thing is that once sized and fired through the MAD they should not need sized again. That is as long as that is the only rifle they are fired in. You can get them to feed if you do it slow enough but there is a good chance of damaging the case. Shaving the brass is easy to do because of the tight meaning zero tolerance. Don't let anyone talk you into putting a feed cone in or that it needs head spaced. It is fine as is. Same with the barrel. I have seen guys turn the steps down on them as well as remove that big shank ring. IMHO don't do it. First it ruins the collector value of the device. Second those step downs in the barrel are designed to disrupt the harmonics in the barrel. This then removes one more item when testing ammo for accuracy. So in my mind it is like sporterizing an expensive collector piece. Bubba rides again! I saw 2 beautiful Arisaka snipers this weekend that Bubba had "improved". I just cringed. Why is it that it is always one of the most pristine and expensive rifles I have seen that gets the treatment? Not that it is the case here but you get my meaning. You will still be able to shoot and enjoy it but reverse it immediately back to its original collector condition. When the prices rise, and I am convinced they will you will regret it otherwise.