Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2021, 08:53 AM

Default Upgraded Gen 2 of Hi-Lux Sniper Scope

I handled one of the 1st Gen scopes and thought they were nice but they apparently still upgraded the optic further. I really need to consider getting my 1941 Clone built or I may just put this on a 1903a3 that I have which is drilled for these mounts.

I wonder if Gen 1s will get sold off on clearance? Anyways, here is the update...

See: https://hi-luxoptics.com/products/ma...petition-scope
Old 06-04-2021, 11:32 AM

Looks like Hi-Lux/Leatherwood has been listening to the concerns and desires of our hobby - and that is refreshing in the current business environment.
I doubt if they have a very big inventory of the previous model - all businesses know to sell out of Gen I stuff before announcing Gen 2 - or they get stuck with the old inventory - everyone wants the latest.
Sounds like a nice improvement. Looking forward to a hands on review. CC
Old 06-04-2021, 02:57 PM

Plus isnít the main difference the mounts not the scope? They can just swap the mounts out and only have the old mounts remaining. Those can be kept as parts stock to repair Gen 1 issues or upgrade as customer desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
Looks like Hi-Lux/Leatherwood has been listening to the concerns and desires of our hobby - and that is refreshing in the current business environment.
I doubt if they have a very big inventory of the previous model - all businesses know to sell out of Gen I stuff before announcing Gen 2 - or they get stuck with the old inventory - everyone wants the latest.
Sounds like a nice improvement. Looking forward to a hands on review. CC

My feedback thread
Old 06-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Aside from a 1903 rifle, what is required parts-wise?
Scope.... what entails mounts? Is that blocks? Rings?
What else? I have a few rifles but I really prefer not to d/t most of these. Perhaps one of them maybe... And who would be best to do this work and ball-park $$ ?
Thanks, God bless
Old 06-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Aside from a 1903 rifle, what is required parts-wise?
Scope.... what entails mounts? Is that blocks? Rings?
What else? I have a few rifles but I really prefer not to d/t most of these. Perhaps one of them maybe... And who would be best to do this work and ball-park $$ ?
Thanks, God bless
They are on vacation (or so I read) until end of July but Chuck in Denver of Warpath Vintage is one of the best. If you are on Facebook here is his page.

https://m.facebook.com/Warpath-Vintage-780977045354743/

You can search the forums here. When I get ready he is my first choice to do mine.

Last edited by Quarterbore; 06-07-2021 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:34 PM

Thank you Quarterbore. I donít do facepage but I will see about contacting Chuck in Denver by some other means. I mostly just want to make certain I have all the ducks in the row. All the parts/materials needed etc.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:39 PM

I canít recommend Chuck any higher. I bought my rifle from him and Iím very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
They are on vacation (or so I read) until end golf July but Chuck in Denver of Warpath Vintage is one of the best. If you are on Facebook here is his page.

https://m.facebook.com/Warpath-Vintage-780977045354743/

You can search the forums here. When I get ready he is my first choice to do mine.

My feedback thread
Old 06-04-2021, 09:44 PM

Anyone have thoughts on the M73 or M82 from Hi-Lux? I need a scope for my A4 clone and they're carried at optics planet where I have some gift bucks to burn.

Seems like they are hit or miss when I search the forum. What's the latest word?
Old 06-07-2021, 11:42 AM

after taking care of my dad before he died, and still keeping up with my work load, gunshows ect, it was better to take a couple months to ride my new dirt bike, play with the dog, and enjoy my life for a while, i had the burnout going on, to the point i really started to dislike 1903s lol...i tried Golf, thought it was a waste of a good MX track.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
after taking care of my dad before he died, and still keeping up with my work load, gunshows ect, it was better to take a couple months to ride my new dirt bike, play with the dog, and enjoy my life for a while, i had the burnout going on, to the point i really started to dislike 1903s lol...i tried Golf, thought it was a waste of a good MX track.
Sorry for your loss sir, and you are correct about taking time off as well as golf courses wasting valuable land better used for an airstrip or rifle range.

When will you be back to work, unless I missed that you are? No rush of course.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread