Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcm View Post
They have had my kit since febuary the 8th. I was told 3 weeks then. After 4 I called and was told a week. After 2 weeks I called and it was the next one to be shipped, as they were lapping my bolt 'as we speak'. I called a couple of weeks later and was told they were waiting on my bolt.

I called a week ago, and was told they were still waiting on the heat treat for the bolt. I asked the guy to be frank with me, and give me an estimate. He told me no longer than a month, but as quick as a few days, as mine was '3rd or 4th' from going out.

I think they are swamped, and do not mind the wait, as long as the end product is OK.

I wish I could get my hands on this build (TRW), as I think the 762/TFL deal is a good one, Forged reciever, barrel and bolt for a grand. I have 3 more kits (HRA,SA,Win), but am holding off on sending those to see how the first one comes out. If it comes out good, I dont care how long it takes.
Robert,

Maybe after I get my build, we should have a 7.62 fun day at one of our North Alabama ranges.

Did col b and gunny buy 7.62 mm builds?

"Life is Good!"
Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
Did col b and gunny buy 7.62 mm builds?

"Life is Good!"
Alexander, I don't think Gunny has a kit....yet! Mine was built at home with a Champions Choice SA receiver as the rest of the gun is all SA.....I have two more kits to go....TRW and WRA. Haven't really looked for those parts yet....got sidetracked with a trip to the sandbox and an M1C.....the M1C and accessories took all my wife's money!! So, I'm looking for those parts at a much more relaxed pace!!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM

AP, I am game for it. I cant wait. stocked up on DAG and ready to go.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
They have had my kit since febuary the 8th. I was told 3 weeks then. After 4 I called and was told a week. After 2 weeks I called and it was the next one to be shipped, as they were lapping my bolt 'as we speak'. I called a couple of weeks later and was told they were waiting on my bolt.

I called a week ago, and was told they were still waiting on the heat treat for the bolt. I asked the guy to be frank with me, and give me an estimate. He told me no longer than a month, but as quick as a few days, as mine was '3rd or 4th' from going out.

I think they are swamped, and do not mind the wait, as long as the end product is OK.

I wish I could get my hands on this build (TRW), as I think the 762/TFL deal is a good one, Forged reciever, barrel and bolt for a grand. I have 3 more kits (HRA,SA,Win), but am holding off on sending those to see how the first one comes out. If it comes out good, I dont care how long it takes.
I dropped my kit off with my HRT bolt on 3-30. I called last week and Chris said mine was to be worked on in a few days. I have not heard anything as of today. I think it`s going to be a few months before I see this kit complete. They seem extremely busy to me and have their hands full with this last group buy. But as long as the finished product is top notch the wait does not bother me.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
AP, I am game for it. I cant wait. stocked up on DAG and ready to go.
Hey, we can swap some of your DAG for my MEN and show there's little to no difference (I think).

"Life is Good!"
Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Update: Chris just emailed me and gave me an ETA of two weeks for the finished build.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM

I just got mine today after a 3+ month wait but it was well worth it!!!

I took it to the range and got 25 rounds off before it started to rain. it functions great and I have it sighted in at 100 yards.

it is is posing with my other US service rifles

Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Nice looking M14 you have there! The stock is sweet! Can`t wait to get mine back. All you need to round off your collection of U.S. military rifles is a few 1903`s and an Enfield! Nice group of fine rifles!
Old 04-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb222 View Post
It's nice to see that such a beautiful rifle is in the hands of a fellow Pennsylvanian.

Still waiting on mine. It's been 3 weeks since I sent it in.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM

That might be the most tigery tiger-striped stock I've ever seen. Very nice.