Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

For some odd reason , i feel assured that Audie Murphy’s 1911a1 is destined to be selected & sent to me ?
Old Today, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK1911 View Post
I plan on keeping all of my weapons locked up at home with my parents. If I buy any weapons while serving, I intend to keep them at an indoor storage unit near the base if possible.
Open a safety deposit box with a bank. I would never trust those storage places with any of my firearms. But then again, Jacksonville might not be as nice as wherever airmen/airpeople get stationed.
Old Today, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareds06 View Post
Open a safety deposit box with a bank.
Be sure to read the bank's policy on what can go in the safe deposit box. I recently rented a safe deposit box and the bank does not allow a gun to be stored in it.

I'd be very careful about putting one in the box if it violates the bank policy. If discovered, you may get to have a discussion with law enforcement.
Old Today, 02:57 PM

Default Time to contact CMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith5150 View Post
RGN 30196. No call or email. I'm going to assume that someone that is in charge saw my older post stating I would not likely be making a purchase in this round when called, and tossed my application.
From the "Update May 5, 2022" on this CMP Webpage:

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/

1. We are still processing orders, but remember that we process orders in sequential order, if you have a high RGN number it may be a year or more before you are contacted. There are numerous reasons why it may appear that we have skipped your number, but we assure you that unless there is a problem, we have not. If there is a problem, we will let you know. If we are 500 numbers past your RGN number, send us an email.
Old Today, 09:53 PM

Apologies on the delay (technical difficulties).

RNG 30806, contacted by Hope on 5/10/22 offered Rack and Field.

Picked Field. Received on May 12, 2022 an all original Remington Rand made in 1944 with SA and ANAD 9 75 arsenal marks. Waiting on FOIA info.