Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2021, 09:07 PM

Leon plays golf now because he is a better golfer than Don.��
Old 12-27-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybait View Post
Leon is a legend at CMP,,, but he finally had to retire because he got tired of hearing how much better looking his brother DON is than him. There was a rumor that Don was better shot than Leon and Leon refused to listen to all the trash talk !!!!
LOL! He would be a GOOD man to be in a fox hole with! No one's rifle would be jamming!

Raising a glass of milk to him this AM!
broomhandle
Old 12-27-2021, 06:07 PM

I met Leon in Dec 2008 when I stopped at the South Store to see what this CMP stuff was all about.

Planned to maybe buy one rifle, left with four (M44US, M1903, M1917, M1 Garand).

I blame Leon as the pusher who introduced me to the hard drug world of C&R weapons.

Leon was totally focused on pleasing his customers, and sold an unknown number (easily tens of thousands) of CMP rifles. He is a fine gentleman.

Having said that, his brother Don is another Southern gentleman who exemplifies the best of the CMP. I remember going down several times to the TMP while it was being built. Don and I would get in a golf cart, and he would show me what had been constructed since my last visit.

Don is also, in addition to being a superb shot, a wonderful coach and tutor in the art of marksmanship.

Mother and Father Rutherford must have been truly exceptional people to have borne and raised such fine sons.

"Life is Good!"
Old 01-01-2022, 07:56 AM

Default Lean is a really great guy

While I like all the CMP employees I have met, Leon was one of my favorites. The last time I saw Leon was when he was working at TMP. I took the opportunity to get a photo with him. I used to wear Tennessee stuff to aggrevate him

[IMG][/IMG]

Sure miss him but Mike and Bobby, who each has replaced him in turn, are also really great guys in their own way.

Man, I really want to go to the South Store. Giving up the store visits cold turkey was waaaay harder than giving up smoking or chewing.

Rob
Old 01-01-2022, 11:39 AM

Man, I really want to go to the South Store. Giving up the store visits cold turkey was waaaay harder than giving up smoking or chewing.

Rob[/QUOTE]

+1 here in GA! Leon is "GOOD People" as we use to said in NYC!

Wishing all of you Good Luck & a early opening of the North & South stores
in the NEW Year!

broomhandle
Old 01-02-2022, 11:15 AM

Good Pic, Rob. Glad to see you are still kicking!
Old 01-07-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
While I like all the CMP employees I have met, Leon was one of my favorites. The last time I saw Leon was when he was working at TMP. I took the opportunity to get a photo with him. I used to wear Tennessee stuff to aggrevate him

[IMG][/IMG]

Sure miss him but Mike and Bobby, who each has replaced him in turn, are also really great guys in their own way.

Rob
Dang, Rob! I forgot how tall Leon was!
Old 03-19-2022, 08:49 AM

Leon has sure cost me a lot of money. I stopped in in 2008 after seeing an ad in some magazine and thought huh I'd like a Garand, even though I didn't really know much about them. He happened to be there and I brought a rifle to the counter and admitted I knew little. He helped me pick a fine rifle. I pointed to the racks of M1 Carbines and asked him 'Leon what are those little guns.' His grin was from ear to ear and said, you're gonna love these. Well since then, dozens and dozens and dozens of Garands and Carbines have come and gone thru my shop and I still have those two that Leon helped me pick out.

Participating in a gun buyback program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbor has too many kids.