Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2022, 08:07 PM

Default Dupage 5 M5A1 M1 Garand bayonets for $100.00

I have not seen these mentioned yet. Dupage trading has 5 M1 Garand bayonets for $100.00. I ordered 5 and thought I would post a quick review. The 5 I received are all US made M5A1 bayonets, most are Milpar, with an Imperial. The bayonets meet the ad description, as they all have various amounts of wear, mainly dings in the edges and slightly rounded points, plus lots of finish wear. The scabbards are the real value IMO, as all 5 were in excellent condition, with just small ink symbols on the back webbing. These are the Greek USM8A1's that Dupage sells separately for $25 each, so you get your moneys worth with the scabbards alone. The bayonet grips were all excellent, so if you take the scabbards, and strip off the grips, screws, and latch parts, you come out ahead. As long as you do not expect much from the blades, these are a good deal.

FYI, I have no connection with Dupage other than being a long time customer. Also, these go in and out of stock regularly, so check back later if it shows out of stock.

https://www.dupagetrading.com/produc...rand-bayonets/

Last edited by slufstuff; 05-19-2022 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:27 PM

I can remember when Army Surplus stores in the late 1960's sold M1 bayonets with scabbards for $4.50.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:35 AM

Just did the math. $4.50 in 1967 would be worth about $39 today. So, they look like a pretty good buy. Didn't buy any myself but I couldn't resist the unmarked M-1 bayonets @ $25 ea. Very happy with those. 3 were unstamped on the hilt and looked unused. One had never been in a scabbard. Heck of a job managing the dollar, huh!
Old 05-31-2022, 01:10 PM

My 5 just came in, as mentioned the blades are rough. One had broken halfway down the blade and it was welded back together. Tips are rounded or broken and the blades look like they were used to try and split rocks. Scabbards are pretty good overall.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler View Post
My 5 just came in, as mentioned the blades are rough. One had broken halfway down the blade and it was welded back together. Tips are rounded or broken and the blades look like they were used to try and split rocks. Scabbards are pretty good overall.
Surprised they shipped a rewelded blade, but otherwise they sound like mine. I have to wonder what the soldiers were doing to inflict this much abuse on a bayonet blade.

As I mentioned in my OP, do not expect good blades on these. You might get lucky on one or two just having minimal dings, but do not count on it.

Last edited by slufstuff; 05-31-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:16 PM

Received my 5 today....all 5 blades are serviceable but not perfect. Slathered in cosmoline. 2 have broken grip panels and 1 has a crushed end on scabbard. Not bad for $100

Last edited by 6string; 05-31-2022 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:29 PM

I didn't notice the weld until I cleaned off the cosmoline, I doubt Dupage would have seen it either. It also has square nuts holding the grip screws and the latch is real easy to push, so something else maybe broken internal.

https://imgur.com/khaAR3v
https://imgur.com/oUelncs

Other than the weld, the rest of the blade is better than the others.

Edit- reached out to Dupage, they are sending out a replacement. Impressed by their service.

Last edited by skohler; 06-02-2022 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:17 PM

I noticed today the ad is gone, so they must really be out of stock now, not just temporarily out.