Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2021, 12:57 PM

Exclamation Imr 4895

Natchez Shooters has IMR 4895 in stock today. I got 3# on the way. Don't know how long it will last.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:41 PM

Gone....Must have just missed it.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:45 PM

I hope this mess straightens out. I would like to run some IMR 4895 , been using 4064.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old11b View Post
I hope this mess straightens out. I would like to run some IMR 4895 , been using 4064.
I am down to a half pound of that too.

I been checking their site off and on trying to get lucky but every time I am busy it seems to shows up.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:04 PM

I see they still have 3031 for .308 and .223 users...
Old 04-15-2021, 02:16 PM

Thanks for that, I grabbed 3 lbs. I hope it meters ok in my Dillion. If not Iíll survive and just use for plinking or hand measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post

My feedback thread
Old 04-15-2021, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
Also good for light load 30.06 with Speer TNT 125gr. and Sierra 110gr.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:40 PM

Somewhere on this forum, a while back, I ran across a post about using bots to monitor the availability on websites. So I did some research on what exactly that entails. Most of these monitoring services are free and all that is required is for you to do the leg work to set them up. So I decided to try it. It took about 2-3 hours to set them up and then another hour troubleshooting them to make sure they work. Not all websites respond the same. With all that being said, they have helped me score some powder on two occasions. However, its not foolproof. You have to stop whatever you're doing and get to it. I've had primers in the cart and had them sell out before I could complete the purchase. Whenever I do get an alert of something in stock, I try to post it here. So far, I would say it has been worth my time and effort.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
Somewhere on this forum, a while back, I ran across a post about using bots to monitor the availability on websites. So I did some research on what exactly that entails. Most of these monitoring services are free and all that is required is for you to do the leg work to set them up. So I decided to try it. It took about 2-3 hours to set them up and then another hour troubleshooting them to make sure they work. Not all websites respond the same. With all that being said, they have helped me score some powder on two occasions. However, its not foolproof. You have to stop whatever you're doing and get to it. I've had primers in the cart and had them sell out before I could complete the purchase. Whenever I do get an alert of something in stock, I try to post it here. So far, I would say it has been worth my time and effort.
That would be my post(s), and welcome to Distill'ing!

Keep in mind that Distill is the very basic level of bot scraping. Many more advanced ones out there, which is why you lost primers during checkout. I wrote a bot that was able to not only scape for in-stock and alert, but complete the purchase of certain primers and powder using auto-fill and auto-advance features on some of the bigger sites such as Brownells, Graf's, Powder Valley and Midway. Had it running on an older computer. Then got what I need, and turned it off. Then Windows rebooted the computer after an OS update, and restarted the bot. Ended up getting primers I didn't know I purchased until I saw the sale confirmation email from Powder Valley . Now I have turned it off for good. Others still have theirs running, because now Powder Valley requires you to buy at least one apparel it if purchasing primers or powder in an effort to make the bots work harder. It is an trivial change to most bots to have them do that as well. We're in a new arms race with no end in sight...
Old 04-15-2021, 07:02 PM

Thumbs up

Well... I don't believe my computer skills are as advanced as yours. LOL. I certainly know my way around one. Maybe even enough to get in trouble. Ha ha. But thanks for your post. It certainly pointed me in the right direction. I used Uptime's Bot service and so far it has served me well. But I have noticed locally that things are starting to get just a little bit better. I've scored some powder and primers at a LGS (Varget and CCI 34). I hope that's a sign of better days ahead.