Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2021, 07:36 PM

Default Camp Perry June 26/27 800 point aggregate, EIC

Am trying to decide between the 800 Aggregate, the EIC, and the Garland/Springfield/vintage/Modern matches at Camp Perry June 26-27. I shot the May GSVM match and had fun with that.

https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.p...it&match=20599

https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.p...it&match=20600

Sounds like all the matches are on the KTS electronic targets. GSVM is on Petrarca at 100 yards. The 800 agg and EIC are on Viale. I think I understand the 800 course of fire, that is 20 slow standing at 200, 10 rapid sitting/kneeling at 200, 10 rapid prone at 300, and 20 slow prone at 600, right?

I did not realize the KTS targets could be used on the longer courses.

What is the EIC course of fire?

I have not done many matches, so I Am leaning towards the GSVM match, to build on my results from last month. ( I just bought a jacket after last monthís match) and think I might be able to get bronze with a little more practice. If I do the 600 yard matches, I probably have too much learning curve to do as well there.

Any words of wisdom?
Old 06-03-2021, 01:45 PM

It sounds like you may have answered your own question.

The Games matches tend to be more laid back and more accessible to new shooters.

The 800 agg is 88 shots; 2 slow fire sighters for each position, plus 20 shots for score. For rapids, you fire 2 slow fire sighters in position, then do 2 strings of rapids.

The EIC or "leg match" is 50 rounds, no sighters. 10 standing / 10 rapid sitting @ 2, 10 rapid prone @ 3, 20 slow prone @ 600. This is where competitors shoot for points towards a Distinguished Rifleman badge, so the atmosphere maybe a little less casual.

What rifle(s) do you plan on shooting?

Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw617 View Post
It sounds like you may have answered your own question.

The Games matches tend to be more laid back and more accessible to new shooters.

What rifle(s) do you plan on shooting?

Hope this helps.
If I do the games matches, I would shoot m1903a3, Garand, and Modern Military. I came within 1 point of the Bronze cut with 1903a3 and 5 points with MM last month without a shooting coat. So hopefully, with a coat I will do well enough to bronze in those.

If I shot the EIC or 800 agg, I would use my Rock River NM with optics.

I think the games matches are the way to go for me this month. Would be nice to notch good results there before stepping up to 600 yards. I did shoot one 200/300/600 match following SAFS 2 years back, and did not embarrass myself, but I rarely get to shoot over 200 yards.

The drawback is that I donít see any more Camp Perry matches that go out to 600 yards other than the National Matches, and I canít make it to them this year. I do have a neighbor who shoots at the Zanesville high power matches, so I might try and tag along with him sometime.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOhio View Post
The drawback is that I donít see any more Camp Perry matches that go out to 600 yards other than the National Matches, and I canít make it to them this year. I do have a neighbor who shoots at the Zanesville high power matches, so I might try and tag along with him sometime.
Besides Zanesville, Miami Rifle and Pistol outside Cincy typically has cross the course matches out to 600 yds once a month all summer. They also have Navy (off hand only) and 600 yd prone matches which can help sharpen those positions.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:08 PM

AW, do whatever you feel most comfortable with.Having said that, don't let 600yd get in your head.The only difference is wind.Good position,breathing,sight picture,trigger control is the same at any distance.
There is also my home club in Malvern,OH. www.alliancerifleclub.org it's a bit of a drive but we have guys from Columbus and Zanesville come up.

Last edited by VALKRIDER; 06-06-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If I do the games matches, I would shoot m1903a3, Garand, and Modern Military. I came within 1 point of the Bronze cut with 1903a3 and 5 points with MM last month without a shooting coat. So hopefully, with a coat I will do well enough to bronze in those.

If I shot the EIC or 800 agg, I would use my Rock River NM with optics.

I think the games matches are the way to go for me this month. Would be nice to notch good results there before stepping up to 600 yards. I did shoot one 200/300/600 match following SAFS 2 years back, and did not embarrass myself, but I rarely get to shoot over 200 yards.

Donít be afraid to cross the border into Michigan. We have a plethora of shooting opportunities in SE Michigan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NHu...w?usp=drivesdk
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
Old 06-07-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALKRIDER View Post
AW, do whatever you feel most comfortable with.Having said that, don't let 600yd get in your head.The only difference is wind.Good position,breathing,sight picture,trigger control is the same at any distance.
There is also my home club in Malvern,OH. www.alliancerifleclub.org it's a bit of a drive but we have guys from Columbus and Zanesville come up.
I can't say enough positive things about Malvern. Some of the best shooters in the country compete there every weekend. You will learn alot hanging around that place.

If you're shooting for a medal, you can win those in an EIC match too, just saying.

I got started in highpower through my intrest in the vintage games. After a match an old timer told me I would get better, faster, in all shooting, shooting a match AR.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALKRIDER View Post
I've looked at the Alliance Rifle Club site before, and it looks good. The calendar is a bit confusing for a non-member. Is XTC the across the course 200,300,600 type match?

Is there an FAQ that gives details about the course of fire, start time, etc?

Looks like it is a little more than 2 hours from me, which isn't bad.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
I've looked at the Alliance Rifle Club site before, and it looks good. The calendar is a bit confusing for a non-member. Is XTC the across the course 200,300,600 type match?

Is there an FAQ that gives details about the course of fire, start time, etc?

Looks like it is a little more than 2 hours from me, which isn't bad.
The calendar is for members to schedule range time. You need to look at the match schedule section.

http://www.alliancerifleclub.org/ind...-penn-schedule
The squading time is always subject to change so it's best to join the Facebook or mewee group.

That's correct. XTC matches at Malvern are NRA 800 point, across the course, matches Fired at 2,3 and 600 yards. MR/LR Is a combined mid range (600 yard) or long range (1000 yard) match fired simultaneously. MR/LR matches are almost always on E targets. The XTC matches have been 50/50 on etarget or pit duty.