Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2021, 02:36 PM

The white sheet you get at check in will tell you when the pits will be sealed. Usually for PM match is 11:45 sealed for a 12PM start. They can not start the PM match early then stated time.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:10 AM

ALWAYS cover your gear before leaving it to perform pit duty. Camp Perry is known for "sudden" rain storms blowing in off the lake. If you are in the pits and they evacuate due to lightening... you will be told to ride the trolley back to the parking lot and you will not be allowed to stop for your gear on the way.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:00 AM

Just a thank you to all who posted the good advice in this thread. Except for several cease fires on Saturday, there was basically no slack time all day when shooting in both AM and PM. I ate snacks while walking to/from pits or maybe had a bite while waiting for the eagles and/or boaters to leave the impact zone. Also glad I came prepared for the rain- we got a good soaking on Saturday.

Something to add is that one should not underestimate hydration needs. Saturday PM in the pits someone a few targets down had a problem with heat exhaustion. Also I learned on Saturday that showing up a little early does not get one the desired squadding unless you get lucky. I showed up extra early on Sunday because I didn't want to be shooting right after working the pits in such heat.

All in all a good time and I enjoyed the people aspect the most. I did OK for a first trip, just missed silver by one point in one of my three matches (MM) plus another solid bronze in JC Garand despite some uncharacteristic errors in my shooting.