Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2021, 12:54 PM

Steve, I'm going to advise the two round clip also.I'm also a fan of the single round sled but you'll need to throw a small inspection type screw driver or something like in your ammo box to pop it out after offhand. Also, your Rock River barrel is double toast . The R.R./ Wilson barrels are very good but we change them out at 3000rds for full XTC matches.They'll ( any button rifled match barrel ) still shoot decent at 200, open up some at 300, and will start throwing shots back at 600.If it's got 7000-8000 rds on it I'd say it's a tomato stake .White Oak has good barrels at reasonable prices.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:17 AM

For these matches do you just show up a little before your relay time to check in, or do you have to be there before 9am even if your relay doesn’t shoot till afternoon?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2021, 11:26 AM

Call them: (419) 635-2141. Good Shooting. ...
Old 06-25-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
For these matches do you just show up a little before your relay time to check in, or do you have to be there before 9am even if your relay doesnít shoot till afternoon?

Thanks
Are you shooting the 800 aggregate, or the GSSM match?

I second the response to "call them". But as I remember last month, the check in desk at Petrarca was open all morning. This time checkin looks like it will be in the CMP Headquarters lobby. (starting at 6:30am).

In the squadding list that the CMP sent out, we are just doing a 9,11, and 1pm relays. No 3pm. Looks like we only have about 22 people shooting on Saturday. So it is not like there is a big crowd to get through inspection.

Christina is the one who has been sending out the emails.
419-635-2141 ext 714
Old 06-25-2021, 02:03 PM

I’m shooting the GSVM, 1pm relay.

Just called and got a VM. I’ll try email.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:18 PM

I’ve shot the 800 and EIC matches before and each relay shoots/scores then moves back to the next firing line, so everyone has to be present for roll call.

Haven’t done the GSVM and wasn’t sure if there was morning roll call, or if you just came before your relay time (with enough time to check in and inspection). It sounds a little more laid back than the XTC matches.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
Iíve shot the 800 and EIC matches before and each relay shoots/scores then moves back to the next firing line, so everyone has to be present for roll call.

Havenít done the GSVM and wasnít sure if there was morning roll call, or if you just came before your relay time (with enough time to check in and inspection). It sounds a little more laid back than the XTC matches.
All the strings of shots are at the same distance, and at Petrarca we are using the KTS scoring so no pit duty. So no need to have every relay gathered together at once.

They do the same safety briefing before each relay too, so that doesnít require everyone at once either.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:20 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info!
Old 06-26-2021, 09:11 PM

AW, were you there today? I was the guy with his dad over on 7. Great day to be out, and I'm looking forward to more. We showed up at 6:30 and hung around till our relay at 11. Next time we'll probably just arrive an hour beforehand.

Only ever done some appleseeds before this, and a nice introduction to competitions. Got a SAFS next month too.

Last edited by Scott_OH; 06-26-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_OH View Post
AW, were you there today? I was the guy with his dad over on 7. Great day to be out, and I'm looking forward to more. We showed up at 6:30 and hung around till our relay at 11. Next time we'll probably just arrive an hour beforehand.

Only ever done some appleseeds before this, and a nice introduction to competitions. Got a SAFS next month too.
You had the nice tiger striped M1 right? Good talking with you. I was on firing point 8 and 9. Shot in the 9,11, 1pm relays. Might just do two rifles next time. By the end of the 3rd offhand, I got sloppy.

Am hoping to do the Sept match too.