Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2020, 07:44 PM

Default Daisy 753 853 barrel spacer

Anyone know the part number for the little plastic barrel spacer that goes between the barrel and the pump tube? Mine is broken.

Its the little black thing on the bottom right of this picture.

http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/u.../05/853-r6.jpg

Last edited by apr67; 11-11-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:02 AM

Contact Daisy and they will get you the part you need and a parts list. My experience Daisy customer service is excellent.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:30 PM

Ill try, but this part isn't on any diagram I can find, I fear they will have the same problem.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:03 AM

I have an "Operation Manual, Match Grade Model 753W, Match Grade Model 753S" that contains an Exploded Parts Diagram. I believe what you are looking for are called Filler-Inletting, Right and Filler-Inletting, Left.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM

The OP may have moved on by now, but he's referring to the black spacer illustrated in post #1.

I hope it's ok to link to a thread in another forum; this poster at RFC was also looking for that spacer recently, and some reasonably helpful suggestions were posted.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1215327
Old 03-02-2021, 02:19 AM

LOL! I think I need to work on my reading comprehension.

Armed with this new information, I checked my instructions for the whole series (753, 853 and 953) and could not find it pictured in any of the parts diagrams or lists. I'm not sure they do a whole lot functionally. I'm guessing they were there to keep the barrel band from pulling the barrel into contact with the frame. I coach at a High School Air Rifle program, and have had these guns apart literally hundreds of times and most times, those spacers have zero pressure exerted on them. If I were determined to replace that spacer and didn't have access to the genuine part, I'd probably put a dab of hot glue there to approximate the spacer (hot glue would probably work better as it would stay in place versus that spacer that slides around and falls out the first chance it gets as you disassemble the gun.