Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2022, 05:11 AM

Cool Tool
Old 08-03-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
I purchased a 3D printer a couple of years ago. Along with the machine I bought several spools of different kinds of plastic. Other than a few little animals, the only thing I ever printed was a big rats nest of plastic. That only took four hours or so. After that disappointment I pulled the plug realizing that a 70 year old who spent his life working in a shipping department has no business playing with something that complicated. So it sits collecting dust.
I have a printer. To prep the file, get the machine tuned, and produce a quality print is hard. It's not plug and play as some people make it out to be.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:19 PM

That looks much better than the others I have seen. 3D printing these is a genius move.

Does anybody have a pic of a WWII en bloc loading line? They must have loaded a bazillion rounds for the troops.

Last edited by BSAGuy; 08-04-2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:51 AM

no matter how hard i search, i can't find a real blueprint for making a garand clip loader. i love to tinker in my shop and build stuff. this is something that i want to make. can anyone lead me to some type of blueprint??
Old 08-05-2022, 10:09 AM

I think I might have them. Send me a PM with your email address and I’ll check when I return from vacation.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:46 PM

a guy named Ray has plans on his website, . I made mine out of wood since I don't have a milling machine but have plenty of wood in my garage and a table saw

http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/ocl/ocl.htm

I made mine 4 years ago as a winter project.........cost 0 dollars

for me I just studied these photos made some modifications to mine by adding steel to critical parts
http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/ocl/gallery/garywebb.htm

like on the pusher handle I incorporated the handle bolt to also be the guide stud, thereby having the handle right behind the rounds instead having it offset to the side of the rounds. I was able to kill 2 birds with one stone.

and made the clip holder with some scrap steel I had laying around in my basement

instead of the bullet guide coming off the post, I placed it in front and made it so that all 8 rounds are all line up ready to go into the clip, instead of having each round lined up before going into the clip.

and screwed in a flat piece of steel as the pusher guide, instead of routing it out on the back of the post

for the ammunition track, I used a couple 10round .308 striper clips

it might not be pretty bult it works and it was free, free, freeeeeeee

https://youtu.be/MvXmetBDFkU

and what's a piece of machinery without a data plate?

Last edited by UncleBilly; 08-05-2022 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:14 PM

I thought about putting a hopper at the top of the ammunition track, that way I can fill the hopper up with 30-06 then let gravity take its course of funneling the ammo down the ammunition track instead of hand loading the ammunition track one at a time.

that will be a good winter project for me to tackle

Last edited by UncleBilly; 08-05-2022 at 08:28 PM.