Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Being that this thread was created to show #1 – what is under that brown paint and #2 – the benefits of lopping off 7” from the end of the barrel --- I take issue with the “trolling” comment.
The "Bubba" line in your first post.

Quote:
Not saying that I don’t welcome the debate --- that’s what makes public forums worth viewing.
I just wanted to share the facts as they have been experienced here.
It appears you wanted to either spark a bunch of "you ruined the rifle" comments and/or praise. I wouldn't take a decent prone match rifle and convert it into a heavy squirrel rifle, but that's just me. I also wouldn't have done that to the stock, but I prefer dark wood. Do what you want with your rifle, but was it worth a thread?

Last edited by missilegeek; 04-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 PM

It's your gun, do what you want with it. If it works for you then great.

Happy shooting.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 PM

I compete in high power and small bore. In the winter, I shoot small bore and it keeps me sharp for xtc.

A small bore rifle with a properly adjusted stock is an expetional way to practice off hand for xtc. My AR has a butt weight and the cg is rear of the grip. My Anschutz has a butt hook, and the cg is forward of where I hold. It is absolutley not necessary to mirror the rifles to improve. Off hand is off hand, and accuracy comes from the position. The holds are indeed different, but the learning transfers perfectly.

Shooting a free rifle is very different than service rifle. There are 22 cal rimfire uppers for about the price of a rusty kimber that can be had. The rusty kimber is about like a 1907 Annie. Due to it's balance point, a butt hook isn't absolutely necessary.