Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 AM

I have and the match always outperforms CCI and Winchester and Remington in my old 510 which is what I shoot,don't have a match grade rifle per se but still get 2 inch or better groups at 100 yrds with my old gal and better as I get closer,but I agree its what your gun shoots best with and while I did understand your question I was merely pointing out that while some here like the better grade ammo, some may not,not looking for an argument just pointing out that ammo's available out there for all at prices that to me are not reasonable ,the ammo I posted is reasonably priced when compared to others in the match graded ammo. We could debate it furthur but its really boring,just wanted to show good ammo whether its better or not is available at reasonable pricing
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbineone View Post
That is why I asked above. If you bothered to read my whole post, you would have seen I asked if it was supposed to be something special, hence the pricing.

It is still over priced ammo in my opinion. It is by the way, essentially Wolf ammo in a different box. It may or may not shoot better for you than a cheaper brand. All .22s like their special ammo. This stuff may shoot pretty good in one Firearm. The next it may very well be lousy and cheaper ammo will out perform it. On top of that. Most cannot even shoot to the Firearms full potential anyway. More expensive ammo is not going to help.

I do not fall for these match ammo gimmicks..You need to find the best ammo for your rifle. You may very well find cheaper ammos such as CCI, may just outshoot the expensive ammo in your rifle..I have found CCI ammo will outshoot or match Wolf in alot of my .22s

Do a little searching on 22 ammo tests and you find out some astonishing facts about the so called "match ammo"
Bring your rifle and yellow jackets.....I'll bring mine and my lapua midas+ and I'll give you an education on what "match ammo" really is capable of. There truly is a difference...it's not a gimmick.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:10 AM

No problem. Whatever works best for you is what is important..Have Fun

Baydog, it is pretty cowardly to challenge someone from a distance of 1000 miles away If I was closer I would woop ya down though

Glad you found a particular ammo your .22 likes. It may however shoot like crap in my rifles or someone elses, and your ammo may not be worth 50 cents a box to me, if that turned out to be the case..

Midas makes ammo? I thought they only did mufflers and brakes..Must be some kind of foreign ammo maybe.

Last edited by carbineone; 11-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYT654 View Post
. . . folks say its a good if not better than Wolf
IIRC, it IS Wolf.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 AM

Yup,Wolf ammo is manufactured in the same plant as the SK,whether that makes it Wolf I don't know, but you are correct it is made by SK , http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...lar-wolf-ammo/

Last edited by TOMMYT654; 11-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Default No ammo to California!

I put in my order on Saturday and then got an E'Mail from them that they don't ship to California!
Anybody know a gun store in Arizona or Nevada that sells target ammo?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:15 AM

Try here and use the $20 new customer gift to offset the high shipping cost , http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby...ensionid=16330 looks like they have some Eley available,try here as well on the Eley just became available and has a free ship code , http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...bled+Deep+Link or just check out here daily for who has what in stock and call them,Most all have toll free numbers and will answer your questions , http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

Last edited by TOMMYT654; 11-26-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 AM

The SK Standard Plus is excellent ammo. Before the current ammo crisis it was still going for roughly $500 per case of 5000.

That said, for general plinking, it's way overkill. The .22 ammo in this quality range exists in a kind of no man's land: it's not the best .22 you can get, so it's not ideal for Small Bore (although you can get lucky with it if you get the right lot number and gun combo), and it's even a little too much for Conventional Pistol. So really, I think most competition shooters who use it are rifle guys shooting it during practice, or pistol guys shooting it at important matches.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Seems like there are alot of opinions here on the subject of the SK Std Plus ammo. I have a friend who uses it in his target rifles and likes it. It is the same ammo as the Wolf Match from my understanding as it is loaded on the same matchines and depending on the lot performance designates which box it goes in.

The cheapest pricing on SK Standard Plus I have found per box is $5.15 per box plus $15 S&H charge based on buying 10-99 boxes. Buying 100 boxes or a case lot is $4.90 plus $40 S&H from Champion Choice. Taking into consideration that they will put you on a list as a backorder customer and take your credit card info and hold on file until your order can be filled. And as of yesterday I called and the lady told me that they probably had backorders on hand to take the next 3-6 months of the SK Std+ supply.

Consider a case lot price it comes out to $.109 per rd from Champion Choice "IF" you could get it. And consider the cost per box from Bullets.com at $5.95 for 20 boxes with $9.95 S&H for a net cost of $.129 per round and its available for shipping.

So comparing apples to apples as far as pricing. The net cost is $.118 per round for 20 boxes or 1000 rds from Champion's Choice. And the net cost from Bullets.com is $.129. Equals a Bird in the Hand for $.50 more a box to one in the bush that you cant get

That is why I ordered my 20 box limit yesterday and did the same thing today.

Happy Thanksgiving To All !!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:53 PM

Thanks Gotafish. Realizing that the real only reason I posted this was because Grizzly.com (the box your ammo will come in) are the sole proprieters of Bullets.com,They are primarily a Woodworking tooling distributor whom with I have a had relationship for yrs mainly for woodworking purpose's. They e-mailed me about the new site opening up late last week and I posted here a few days later after realizing that some here (like myself included) needed another option (there are many) to purchase reasonably priced ammo and other rifelry parts. As I stated here somewhere the owner is a world record holder in F-Class target shooting and a woodworker as well. Whether or not someone takes advantage of their inventory is up to them. I only hope that as the new business progress's they'll not become as greedy as others with their profit margins and doubt they will as the owner recognize's ones ability to shoot smallbore competition and practice is mainly dependant on ammo availability vs larger bore reloadable ammo. Hope everyone will take advantage or at least sign up for their e-mails and venture thru the site to see what else they offer. As a small startup company Grizzly over the yrs has become a reliable,dependable source for woodworking tools and I would expect no less from the new company and look forward to seeing the business grow and expand hopefully with our input and help.