Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM

People should shoot what they're comfortable with be pleased in how THEY shoot. I can tell you that NO one in our indoor 4 position league shoots with 'sorted' standard ammo. Sorting it WILL help, but when you're literally shooting at the head of a pin for a 10, standerd ammo no mater how you sort doesn't hold up. Might shoot mid 90's in prone, doubt if you'll ever see a 100. Then again you might not see one anyhow
Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 PM

One of the problems with 22 ammo is lot to lot variances. Higher end ammo reduces these variances. As for CCI blazer ammo, it's made in two separate plants, it would not be my first choice at a score match as it's been my experience that it can be hit or miss for accuracy. I've got a couple cases that shoot very well and I have used it for wind practice. It's never shot well enough to compete but good lots will shoot tight enough to be able to read wind effects.

Last edited by Don in SC; 12-02-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:31 PM

Recieved my first order today and tomorrow another one will be here
Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Just test fired the Federal Auto Match ammo out of a 10/22T and a CZ452 Varmint. 10 shots at 50yds, 1" dot target. Auto Match printed a 3-3/4" and 4-1/4" group, test fired the guns using SK+ and both guns printed under 1". Won't buy anymore of the Auto Match...your results may differ
Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM

For giggles and grins, if you have a scale. Weight sort whats left in the box and shoot the lot with the most bullets. Shoot these in your CZ 452. The one I had back in July like Fed Automatch...May surprise you.

It wont be what the SK Std+ does, but should be better than what you got do to flyers I am assuming.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Interesting it wasn't so much fliers up/down, it was left/right.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
Interesting it wasn't so much fliers up/down, it was left/right.
My understanding, and I dont mind being corrected here. A flyer is one or two rounds that are away from the grouping. Up/Down Left or Right
Old 12-04-2013, 08:29 PM

you are correct. I would of thought it would be due to power charge variation, which would yield up/down. It was left/right with both guns.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
you are correct. I would of thought it would be due to power charge variation, which would yield up/down. It was left/right with both guns.
What have you got to lose? You had 325 rds in the box of Automatch less what you shot.. Weigh them out in groups and see if they do better.

I have I think 5 boxes of the Automatch that I was shooting in my CZ452 ul, and when I went from there to the Kimbers and the H&R model 12 I bought a case of CCI Std Velocity which shoots pretty good in both of them if I sort as I have said.

I came across a deal on 750 rds of Wolf MT and it actually shot very well this last Monday. Was pleased to be honest. Am hoping the SK Std Plus shoots as well or better since I have 3 orders from Bullets.com

My Kimber is beginning to get better after recrowning and lapping the bore with JB Cleaner and then JB Polish. I also put a Weaver T-36 on the one I am shooting and that I am sure is helping. Only time will tell. But I really like the Kimber 82G's.

I think the rifle and ammo are great, but the NUT behind the BOLT has to do his or her part or it wont be what some are able to do
Old 12-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Well, I can say the SK Std Plus shoots well in one of my Kimbers.

I did call and try to order another 1000 rds of ammo today and they are out. But say they have another shipment expected in January. But 3000 rds will last me a good while since I shoot CCI Std Vel in my model 12.