Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2021, 01:24 AM

Default CMP Newbie Questions

Hello! As of a few weeks ago I've mailed out my first order form for a few service grade M1's. I had a couple questions if you kind folks wouldn't mind answering them. First, if there are any issues with my paperwork, will CMP call to clarify or does it just go in the waste bin? I only ask as my DL address lists a separate address from my current (I'm military and move a lot). I called CMP and explained the situation and the saleswoman said it was OK but that's still new to me. Additionally, under "description" I wrote my sticky note request for ww2-serials. Are these 2 things errors? Finally, I've received no confirmation of receipt of my order, is that normal? Do I just sit and wait for the next several months for a credit card charge? Thanks again for all the help!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:28 AM

Sometimes you get an order acknowledgement ahead of time, sometimes the day it ships. My last order was sent early November, a request came for updated information mid-February, and rifle arrived mid-March.

But to answer your original inquiry, you seem to have it right. Go about your business and expect a FedEx notification when you least expect it

Bill
Old 04-14-2021, 05:13 AM

Welcome to the forum - keep reading - even older post are helpful in understanding the process

Unless things have changed drastically or it just gets missed. When the open your paper work and actually start processing the will send a DBU (Don't Bother Us) to your email address. This usually means that they have opened your order and input into system. They have bins and bins of mail they are going through. Then you just wait until the actual charging of your CC and generally shortly thereafter shipment of your rifle.

Normally if there is some problem with your order they will try to call you - they will not just trash it.

The common belief among old timers is a sticky means nothing, it truly is next available pulled from the box currently in front of them, anything to the contrary is purely coincidental and just good luck.

At this point with the current Back log of mail orders PATIENCE is the word of the day

NRA Endowment Life Member; Garand Collectors Association (GCA); Carbine Club; Ohio Gun Collector Assoc (OGCA) Life Member

Last edited by jimmyzwei; 04-14-2021 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:55 AM

If there's trouble you'll be contacted and given instructions on how to correct it. Based on what you've told us, I wouldn't anticipate any problems. Stickies are hit and miss: I've never been successful with a request. Asking for a WWII serial number is usually a safe bet since there were far more WWII Springfields produced than post war SA's and HRAs.

You will normally receive a DBU (Don't Bother US) notification that your order is in the system, but sometimes you won't. Just wait it out.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 AM

I think all your questions were answered. On my orders I always have added a post it for a WW2 period gun and I received what I asked for each of three requests 1943, and two 1945s). It certainly doesnít hurt to ask. If I order another, I will be asking for a Korean War period gun as I donít have any that are post WW2.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:41 AM

Not one of the original questions, but for any other 'CMP Newbies' reading since the title is newbie questions, another helpful hint I didn't know when I sent mine in was to send priority so you know they received it and don't have to wait wondering if it ever got there for months like I did with standard first class mail.
Hope you enjoy your M1 when it arrives!
Old 04-14-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzwei View Post
The common belief among old timers is a sticky means nothing, it truly is next available pulled from the box currently in front of them, anything to the contrary is purely coincidental and just good luck.
Interesting. What is your source for this factoid.
There is much evidence to suggest this is false.

Respectfully
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 04-14-2021, 10:55 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Interesting. What is your source for this factoid.
There is much evidence to suggest this is false.

Respectfully
JH
He may be thinking of Big_Red's post here: https://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.p...55&postcount=9

Rick
Old 04-14-2021, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the replies; glad to hear my DL and mess up on the description category wonít be problematic. Itís a unique way to obtain a rifle for sure. One final question, Iíve heard of people changing their rifle category order from say a field to a service grade, are you able to change quantities when they allow you to order? Iím thinking I might want 1-2 more service grades than I listed on my form. Probably just wishful thinking.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coues106 View Post
Thanks for the replies; glad to hear my DL and mess up on the description category wonít be problematic. Itís a unique way to obtain a rifle for sure. One final question, Iíve heard of people changing their rifle category order from say a field to a service grade, are you able to change quantities when they allow you to order? Iím thinking I might want 1-2 more service grades than I listed on my form. Probably just wishful thinking.
Apparently not at this time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthMN View Post
RM1SERVICE x1
Mailed: 1/15/21
Received: 1/19/21 (per email)
DBU: 4/5/21
E-Store: 4/8/21
CC Hit: 4/12/21
Shipped: 4/12/21
Received: Out for delivery today! SA Dec. '41 serial.

First Garand. Over the top excited! Emailed a few weeks ago asking to upgrade from x1 to x2 when they got to my order, but told they are not accepting changes to orders right now.

Haven't even received this one yet, and mailed out for x2 field grades this morning (I can already tell my wallet is gonna hate this new obsession). Haven't seen much on the forum about field grade orders lately, but they are still listed as available...let the anticipation begin again!