Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2021, 07:57 PM

Default pistol belt

m-14 pistol belt.. so i have finally aquired one.i cant find the old post with the pix.. the belt i have has all the snaps around it for attaching poouches with mags to it.. its a vietnam era ... am looking for corrct pouches..only ones i saw have alice pack clips in the backside of pouch, defeats the purpose of having snaps on the belt.can you guys help me out thx.do you guys have the link?

Last edited by johnny; 05-26-2021 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:21 PM

sent a pm
Old 05-27-2021, 01:03 PM

Alice clips work just peachy on any of the M1936 or M1956 pistol belts.

Last edited by DDRode; 05-28-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:28 PM

The early single mag pouches slipped on the belt and snaps could be used.
https://www.omahas.com/shop/m-14-mag-pouch-new/
The reason thy are available USGI surplus, and new, 60 years later is because they were rarely used.
Most use included the M1956 load carrying system that used the double mag pouch.
https://www.mcguirearmynavy.com/prod...32176051191902

See here for the best M-14 gear setup.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-1956...ying_Equipment

Pistol belts are essentially interchangeable with all systems from WWI through today however for authenticity you can research to find the right one for your specific needs. The use of snaps was for a very short period, it simply wasn't an efficient design. But the belts could be seen in use for years after as they are compatable and in no way inferior (if you ignore the snaps).

Links were just quick ones from the google, I have no experience with either of those vendors.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 05-28-2021, 05:39 AM

thx dd rode you been around here for years i remember your handle from long ago
cant get through to omahas says site not protected.i have seen the mcguire ones before but dont want the extra material since we cant have grenades lol, plus the extra material does add up in weight since i like to hike. especilly in the southwest summer approaching.wikipedia very informative will have to make a choice as to which pouch. i swear i lucked out i got the h harness suspenders and belt appear nos new old stock. as always can count on the cmp forum guys to came through
Old 05-28-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post

...the belt i have has all the snaps around it for attaching poouches with mags to it...
I know curiosity killed the cat...

BUT...

I can't help being curious (since the M1936 belt only has one snap).

Just how many snaps does your belt have?

Last edited by DDRode; 05-28-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:24 AM

The multi-snap individual equipment belt or "pistol belt" you have is a Marine Corp specific item. It is an M-61 riflemen's belt designed to hold the M-61 single magazine pouches which snap in place via the "male" snap on the pouch which mates with the "female" snaps on the belt. You should be able to find these single magazine pouches for sure on ebay or you can try Moore Militaria which sells all sorts of Vietnam era equipment. If you buy well used surplus pouches of this type you do run the risk of them having shrunk slightly over the years, I've run into this more than one time. Plenty of NOS pouches of this type are still out there.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrm View Post
The multi-snap individual equipment belt or "pistol belt" you have is a Marine Corp specific item. It is an M-61 riflemen's belt designed to hold the M-61 single magazine pouches which snap in place via the "male" snap on the pouch which mates with the "female" snaps on the belt. You should be able to find these single magazine pouches for sure on ebay or you can try Moore Militaria which sells all sorts of Vietnam era equipment. If you buy well used surplus pouches of this type you do run the risk of them having shrunk slightly over the years, I've run into this more than one time. Plenty of NOS pouches of this type are still out there.
At long last...

My curiosity is satiated...

https://www.mooremilitaria.com/usmc-...ginal-exc.html

Last edited by DDRode; 05-29-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:49 PM

yes dd the belt i have is the one on the pix for moore militaria
Old 05-31-2021, 09:54 PM

am a telling you what guys ...moore militaria has some good stuff on their website .. thx mrrm. gonna do some serious shoppin tomorrow maybe gotta count my $$, was outta town this weekend..dont know how much is leftover.hope all had a nice memorial weekend