Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Default 40 X price

I was thinking about the getting rusty kimber but I would also would like the Remington 40X I do not think the wife would understand getting both and I am also concerned what the 40X price be
Any ideas what they are going to get for the 40X ?

Mueller
Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 PM

At least as much as a rusty Kimber. My WA guess 100 to 200 more.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM

They were [HeavyBarrel] 475 a year ago with no sights.
Sights will be about 130-150 from CMP.
Rifle could be 500 -600 this trip.
Time will tell I guess.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 AM

Unless the CMP has more sights to list when the rifles go on sale. Right now all they have are some Olympic Globe Front Sights. All the rear sights are currently sold out. And I don't think they have that many front sights left.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 AM

I suspect there are many more 40X buyers than there are 40Xs. My Kimbers can shoot with my 40X if I'm having a good day. Edge to the 40X if I'm having a great day. Buy a Kimber then try for a 40X. Odds are that you won't get the Remington and won't get in trouble. If you do get one, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 PM

The 40X is a work of art. I've missed plenty of opportunities at CMP, (Springfield 1903 and 1917 being two that come to mind), but I did jump on the 40X HB when they came out last year, and am I ever glad I did.

Like PresidentG is fond of saying, they are "Money in the bank!"

When they come up again as Orest has mentioned, be ready to move fast. They will be gone in a flash.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM

Gee I hope the release the 16" bayonets, the 1903's, 1917's, M1C's, and a final blast of carbines comes on the same day as the 40x's and 52's. They'll last longer that way if people have to choose between them.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavTex View Post
Unless the CMP has more sights to list when the rifles go on sale. Right now all they have are some Olympic Globe Front Sights. All the rear sights are currently sold out. And I don't think they have that many front sights left.

Past practice has been, new batch of Rifles-new batch of Sights.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 PM

Well, it's like this...you can for sure get that rusty Kimber. Getting one of the 40Xs is certainly not so certain. Regardless of how many there will be available, unless the price is closer to street than CMP, they'll go fast. The 40X is a better rifle period. If you hold off on the Kimber, they may run out and you'll be looking at $600 if you still want one but there's no way to be sure you'll snag the 40X.
Son, you are in a pickle.
I suppose that if it were me I'd go down to Anniston right away and camp out til I had a 40X in my hand. I can promise you that there will be folks who do just that. You don't have to worry about me though, I got mine in '07 and I'm not greedy. Best of luck.
Slaves don't dream of being free. They dream of being masters. ~ August Stetten
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Also note that the Kimbers are supposed to run out this year, and if people who are waiting to see if they are lucky enough to get a 40X all end up buying Kimbers at once it could get ugly. I'd pick up a rusty Kimber now and if you get lucky and get a reasonably priced 40X I suspect you'll be able to sell that Kimber next year at a profit. For one thing, once you've cleaned up any potential rust, nobody will know if it was a $400 rusty or a $600 non-rusty...