Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Default Rusty Kimber 82's

Would like to order Kimber 82 this week. Can't decide if I want to save $200 and buy a "rust" version. Has anyone had any luck with these or are they in pretty poor condition? Thanks for any opinions.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Mine came in a "like new" condition. Didn't even have the razor cut. Though some of them do. The "rust" was in the bolt. Most people report the bolts are where it lies. Pretty easy to disassemble the bolt and clean them up. I think the "rusty Kimbers" are the best deal out there right now.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM

I was at the South Store on the 27th and got one. What I saw and have heard is they are not bad rusty. Most of the ones at the store had razor knife cuts on the side. Some were all the way down the stock and some were 6-8". The one I found did not have the cut on the stock but the bolt had some rust on it. It cleaned up great. I have not had it out to the range yet but when the weather get better I'll be there. Check out the below thread of what mine looked like.

http://www.thecmp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7120
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 PM

I ordered the rusty because I think the Cmp does not spend alot of time determining which ones are rusty and which ones are not. If that premise is correct, I would rather save $200 and have a decent shot at one with little or no rust. I would be disappointed to spend the extra $200 and get one with rust. I'm sure both cases happen frequently. I haven't heard anyone yet that had much rust on the rusty Kimber they received.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 AM

I have been looking at them in the South Store for a couple of months and every one I have seen had "some" rust on them. Most have the rust in the bolt body, some have rust in the action and I have seen a couple that have rust all over every metal part on the gun. Ordering one on line you need to remember, NO RETURNS.