Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscrla View Post
They were there and now they are gone. What's up with that?
I fired off my order. FEDEX Next Day! By the time I got back to the page, it had disappeared. Others on this post confirm having seen the release and are also wondering.
I think others like me (perhaps hundreds) having been checking the sales page each morning for the release. Past experience has proven the broadcast email announcing the release doesn't coincide with first posting. So, if you want a gun, you better be checking.
So, the question is "did some web page techie jump the gun or was the release met with a deluge of customers who were poised at the Stores for opening morning and the inventory was completely depleted?"
You're probably screwed now for "jumping the gun" and sending your order in early. Better get another one ready just in case they throw yours in the circular file ( garbage can).
Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
You're probably screwed now for "jumping the gun" and sending your order in early. Better get another one ready just in case they throw yours in the circular file ( garbage can).
How is it that *we* jumped the gun? The CMP listed them for sale on their website. We put in an order in good faith. There was NOTHING about start dates. Somebody at the CMP was around long enough to change the website, but couldn't be bothered to add an explanation to that page or to post to the forums. I'm really hoping that the CMP has better customer service than to just pitch those orders and start over.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:11 AM

I'm With you Eljay, They said there would be no notice and that we would have to watch the sale page. First come first served. There is even a post to the effect "have your paperwork filled out and ready and check every day".
I did the same as you and overnighted my paperwork and had it time stamped at the P.O. CMP will make it right.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM

I'll bet they estimated how long to leave the page up and did just that. Gave it an hour and took it back down to reduce the number of responses and hopefully ensure most people who did send out an order will get them.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:48 AM
CMP Master Instructor

You guy's are very optomistic. Orest always posts the new release on the website and sends out emails prior to a firearms release; and has stated as much. My personal opinion is that all those orders sent in will be returned.I guess everyone is a little antsy after the M-1D accessories debacle last December.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM

We wouldn't have this problem if they sold them like they did last time. When they showed up on estore people ordered them.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
How is it that *we* jumped the gun? The CMP listed them for sale on their website. We put in an order in good faith. There was NOTHING about start dates. Somebody at the CMP was around long enough to change the website, but couldn't be bothered to add an explanation to that page or to post to the forums. I'm really hoping that the CMP has better customer service than to just pitch those orders and start over.
Hey, I agree with you 100%! I'm just sayin'...I'm also one of those guys thats probably screwed.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 AM

CMP has a good marketing strategy. Flash the "open sales" page a couple hours, then remove without a word. Leave us all stirred up, and the "pot a-boiling"! With all the commotion here, you'd think they would've at least made a follow up explanation/announcement?
I'm certainly not as wise, as the powers that be.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM

I sure wish someone from cmp would clear this up. I know I sent mine in, I hope I did the right thing.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Default slow down folks

Orest posted originally that they inspected 800 rifles/barreled receivers. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty safe in saying that they did not sell out of 800 in one hour by receiving next day air that all arrived today. We will see more of these rifles to come and probably an announcement tomorrow for sales to begin Monday.

The fact that Orest has stayed mum now for two days either says that this is all part of his plan and doesn't want a million orders, or that he is trying to figure out what to do with the all the orders arriving today because of a mistake on the website. Just my 2 cents.