Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 AM

No DBU. Got a phone call Monday about my order sent in after the 6/3 announcement. They said they were sold out of 40-x SB's, but would fill my order with a 40-X USMC instead (at the USMC price). Since it's a SB anyway, I'm happy. They said they could not fill my order for a 40-x HB. They said they would fill my order for 52 D, and 52 C's, though they said they were limiting C sales to 1 per customer. I wanted one for each of my 2 boys. Now I guess they'll have to flip a coin for it at my wake.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 AM

How are DBU sent? E-mail, snail mail, or phone call?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 AM

reBU questions - it's an initial email the CMP send that amounts to "we've received your order, it's in processing, Don't Bother Us." although it's worded more politely.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Got this email today. I don't recall this being the typical DBU email I have seen in the past, but then again it's been a year or so since my last order.

"We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses."
Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 AM

Heh - in Feb they didn't have the line "There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system"
Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Typically, you don't get phone calls until they are getting ready to process your order. They only call you if there's something in your order they can't fill, and they want to give you other options.

This was the first time I'd gotten a phone call before a DBU in 50+ orders.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM

Thumbs up Here's to Hoping.....

DeeBeeUoo! For 52D and 40X-USMC barrelled receiver.

Steve

Last edited by Odhinn; 06-16-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubgunFun View Post
Ok, forgive my ignorance... what exactly is a DBU?
It's an email that reads like this (redacted):

"We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is xxxxxx. The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

CMP Customer Service

256-835-8455"
Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Got my DBU today. I double checked my USPS tracking on my order and it was received at the CMP on the 6th of June. My DBU shows that it was received on the 13th of June. I would say that it got tossed in the bin as Orest said until the 13th and then plucked out at random for processing. I don't really expect to make the cut but at the least the DBU gives you something to dream about even at my old age. Good luck to you all! Bob
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM

DBU is the email CMP sends you when your order had been loaded. Don't Bug Us, we will tell you more when your rifle ships.